Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swine Flu vaccine info from Health Sec

(5 Posts)

Message withdrawn

butterscotch Sun 01-Nov-09 10:26:00

I spoke to my GP the other day this I am higher risk because I have asthma as well and I asked her about it.

She said they can't test on Pregnant women so nobody knows the possible implications long term same as the long term implications for those not pregnant....

I very much doubt I'll be getting the jab personally.

Message withdrawn

stinkypinky Sun 01-Nov-09 10:39:28

I will be having it most definately. Pregnant, and a nurse, so in two priority groups.
Thank you for the post smile

beaufies Mon 02-Nov-09 22:57:57

Definately not for me.

I am very fit and healthy and would rather take my chances than put myself or my baby at risk. There have been plenty of drugs authorised as safe that have later turned out to be dangerous. It is far too early to know whether this one is safe or not.

My thoughts were confirmed today when I was talking to a friend who is a nurse who told me that she and the majority of her colleagues will not be having the vaccine for this very reason.

Whatever you decide just make sure you have thought about both sides of the arguement and are happy with your own decision rather than being press-ganged into it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now