Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small baby

(4 Posts)
Boblina Sat 31-Oct-09 19:21:07

Hi everyone, I am 38 weeks today with N2. I have been told that baby is small (had six scans and keep being monitored. I seem to be up the hospital every 2 days which I don't think is doing much good to DS. I know that scans are not always accurate and everything but ... The doctors keep saying that at the mo they want to keep baby in as it's still growing (little but growing). Surely as I am now full term it would be better to just get it out. Should I just request that? What does everyone think. I mean once baby is out I can feed it, my mum would not need to look after DS so much as I go to hospital so often and well. I don't know. What does everyone think. I just want to do the right thing. xx

Anya4 Sat 31-Oct-09 19:27:06

Have they said that you could be induced ?
I guess they want to keep it in for as long as possible - probably because newborns often lost weight and maybe yours couldn't afford to do that. I guess it depends how little the wee one is - you might think its disruptive to your DS now, but having a little baby that wants to feed all day and night will be equally unsettling for him !!
I don't know though - I've no experience of this situation.

Dysgu Sat 31-Oct-09 19:28:25

I have no advice but do think you should ask for what you feel is right.

My girls - both early - weighed in at 4lb 3oz and 5lb 9oz (2.3 years apart) and are fine.

Good luck.

Boblina Sat 31-Oct-09 19:34:59

Thanks. I just don't know. I partly feel that the doctors know what is best but at the same time I feel that I just want to have this baby. I am not big so I am not really that unconfortable or anything just getting tired and I suppose it would be lovely to meet my little baby. DS was prem and therefore small. This one they think is around 4lb4 but we shall know when he or she arrives. Not sure about the induction, think that I would probably go for an elective in that case. DS was an emergency CS/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now