Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pounding heart / breathless - 2nd Trimester

(3 Posts)
echops Sat 31-Oct-09 18:46:37

For the last 2 weeks I've been experiencing a very poundy heart (which is sometimes felt in the back of my head?!) with breathlessness. I'm also terribly thirsty (but no diabetic). Has anybody else had these symptoms and are they normal?

corblimeymadam Sat 31-Oct-09 20:34:43

Message withdrawn

Catz Sat 31-Oct-09 21:05:28

I have and still do too (35 wks) but I have low blood pressure! My pulse really races when I get it and I feel dizzy too. Worst for me when lying down too but also happens in the day and can last quite a while. My mw says fairly normal (increase in blood volume, heart doing more work etc). She also said that there is some concern at the moment about women with pre-existing, but unknown, cardiac problems that become more serious in pg, at which point they are often ignored as the symptoms are 'normal'. I was seeing a consultant anyway who sent me for an ECG as a precaution for that reason. So I think the answer is that it is normal but you should probably mention it to your mw/gp as they may want someone to listen to your heart to check that it's just a pg symptom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now