Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

c-section booking but what if he turns before you date????

(7 Posts)
Tiaxx31 Sat 31-Oct-09 18:44:00

i'm booked for a c-section but what happens if he turns to head down,will they still go ahead withb giving me the section or make me wait till i go into labour to give birth normally?

mummyof1butnotforlong Sat 31-Oct-09 19:01:28

If the head is down and everything else is ok, your good to go!

I am assuming you want to give birth naturally?

Lulusbrotherisgettingmarried Sat 31-Oct-09 19:03:04

you can wait for labour to commence. o r you might be able to have your c.section, is this your first baby? and is the section simply due to baby being breech?

Tiaxx31 Sat 31-Oct-09 19:12:30

This is my 2nd pregnancy but my son is now 14 so big gap. The only reason they say a c section is because he is head & body side ways and feet down, i had a normal delivery for my son but had to have foresepts and then the dreaded stitches which is so sore to sit etc

forkhandles Sat 31-Oct-09 19:17:03

I was booked in for a CS with my second pregnancy (which was twins BTW) as the first twin due out had turned to be footling breech. They scanned me with a portable unit just before I went in to have the section just to make she was still breech.

If you want to have a natural birth I would make sure that you are checked, one way or another, before you have the CS. It is possible to have a breech baby naturally although the hospitals aren't keen, especially if it's your second.

Good luck

mummyof1butnotforlong Sat 31-Oct-09 19:34:09

Just wondering forkhandles do you know why they are less keen if its your second?

forkhandles Wed 04-Nov-09 18:00:40

Sorry mummy of 1, just seen this - that came out all wrong, I meant the opposite!

I worded that wrong, or punctuated it wrong. What I meant was it is possible to have a breech baby naturally (especially) if it's your second, but the hospitals aren't keen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now