Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Cyst on baby's kidney at 20 week scan...

(4 Posts)
BellasYummyMummy Fri 30-Oct-09 17:42:07

I had my scan last thurs and they noticed a cyst on one of the baby's kidneys. Everything else looked normal and the sonographer didnt seem concerned, and spoke to the dr who also wasnt worried. I am due to go back in 3 weeks when the baby/kidney is bigger and easier to see. Just wanted to see if anyone experienced this and what happened? I was told that many adults have cysts and dont even realise it, so am hoping it wont cause any problems

pinkchampagne Fri 30-Oct-09 22:18:59

My DS1 had a multicystic kidney. His cystic kidney shrivelled away by the time he was around 3 or 4 & he is left with one healthy kidney. He is 10 now & has no health problems related to this - infact I forget he only has the one kidney! Doctor says there are loads of adults walking around with just the one kidney that wouldn't have a clue.

His was a multicystic kidney though, not just the one cyst. I am sure you have nothing at all to worry about.smile

corblimeymadam Fri 30-Oct-09 22:27:56

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Fri 30-Oct-09 22:29:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: