Talk

Advanced search

Cyst on baby's kidney at 20 week scan...

(4 Posts)
BellasYummyMummy Fri 30-Oct-09 17:42:07

I had my scan last thurs and they noticed a cyst on one of the baby's kidneys. Everything else looked normal and the sonographer didnt seem concerned, and spoke to the dr who also wasnt worried. I am due to go back in 3 weeks when the baby/kidney is bigger and easier to see. Just wanted to see if anyone experienced this and what happened? I was told that many adults have cysts and dont even realise it, so am hoping it wont cause any problems

pinkchampagne Fri 30-Oct-09 22:18:59

My DS1 had a multicystic kidney. His cystic kidney shrivelled away by the time he was around 3 or 4 & he is left with one healthy kidney. He is 10 now & has no health problems related to this - infact I forget he only has the one kidney! Doctor says there are loads of adults walking around with just the one kidney that wouldn't have a clue.

His was a multicystic kidney though, not just the one cyst. I am sure you have nothing at all to worry about.smile

corblimeymadam Fri 30-Oct-09 22:27:56

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Fri 30-Oct-09 22:29:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now