Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can placentas really wander about the womb? mine's gone from anterior high to posterior low

(6 Posts)
oranges Fri 30-Oct-09 15:33:23

Is that posssible? At my 12 week scan, the placenta was marked at anterior high, then at 21 weeks, as posterior low.The midwife just said I need extra scans and said its unusual, but the placenta can move, but I've never heard of it moving diagonally like that. I'm booked in for scans at 28 and 32 weeks anyway as there were problems with my placenta ageing too fast last time, but wondering if I need to worry at all.

oranges Fri 30-Oct-09 18:07:47

bump. anyone know?

LunaticFringe Fri 30-Oct-09 19:33:38

Message withdrawn

littleducks Fri 30-Oct-09 19:39:49

isnt it more that the uterus grows/stretches but not uniformly across the whole circumference as it were, so the placenta stays attached to one point but the position of that point can move

does that make any sense?

oranges Fri 30-Oct-09 19:42:20

yes,kind of, but I don't see how it can move from front to back. ANd i thought it usually moves up, not down, as the uterus grows.

mollybob Fri 30-Oct-09 22:16:53

no they don't move - but anterior high if the anterior high part of your uterus grows that will push the placenta back and down on the scans

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now