Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

in hospital borderline preeclampsia had enough now !

(5 Posts)
tink08 Thu 29-Oct-09 12:33:37

im in hospital again for 6th time due to high bp . im now on 500mg methyldopa four times a day and bp readings every 4 hours . bp has calmed down it was over 108 monday when i was admitted now around 83_96 bottom one but top is still 150+ .
my blood tests were increased monday but have not increased in last 48 hours and being repeated 2moro .
im fed up of being told deliver 2moro and then coz ive imrpoved not being !
i kindof want my bp to rocket so itll all be over
anyone been through similar ? or any tips to get consultant to deliver ?

pipWereRabbit Thu 29-Oct-09 12:37:29

Hi tink08 - sorry to hear you aren't well. Being in hosiptam in definitely is a complete PITA isn't it.

I was in hospital for a week, and then going back every other day for monitoring and tests due to high BP. In the end I went a week overdue, but that was my choice (inconjunction with the drs feeling my BP was controlled). I think if I'd really pushed for a Csection I might have got one earlier, but I was happy with my natural delivery in the end. But my DH and I really hated never knowing whether I was going to be in hospital or not, or how long for...

Good Luck smile.

bruffin Thu 29-Oct-09 13:12:52

I was in from 32 weeks until DS was born at 38weeks plus a 5 days after , so 7 weeks in all. I was in that cycle not good enough to go home/ not bad enough to be delivered. It is miserable but at least you do know it's not forever and that there is an end to it quite soon.

tink08 Thu 29-Oct-09 14:47:27

sorry forgot to say im 36+2 today and had emergency c section for preeclampsia for dd1 6 years ago x

pipWereRabbit Thu 29-Oct-09 17:55:17

I should think the hospital are hoping to get you a bit closer to 40 weeks before intervening.
Could you ask them what their longer term plan is? If you get to 38, 39, 40 weeks (whatever) what will they be planning to do - or what options will they be discussing with you at each stage. At least that way you'll know if they are likely to be offering you a cs any time soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now