Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

So worried about scan tomorrow - have been spotting for 3 weeks

(16 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 10:00:32

I'm 8+2 today and I have a repeat scan tomorrow, the previous scan was two and a half weeks ago and they could see a yolk sac but no heartbeat.

I really think tomorrow will be bad news and keep saying this to DP but he is all hopeful and that makes me feel bad, like I'm letting hiim down again.

I just feel so weepy and upset and don't know how I will get through today at work.

arena Thu 29-Oct-09 10:12:12

Hi ClaireDe Loon sorry your feeling like this, spotting is not always bad new's. Do you have any pains with the spotting.

I know it's hard try to keep busy until tomorrow and think positive.

I had spotting from at 6 week's to 10 weeks after that it went, and it was bright red spotting. And i have now a 11 week baby, so it's not aways bad news. Also maybe your date's could be a bit out that's why they did'nt find a heartbeat.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 10:18:02

Thanks arena - no, no pains other than some pains in my tummy muscles in the first week or so that were just strething pains.

I'm not very busy at work at the moment and I just know today is going to drag

arena Thu 29-Oct-09 10:54:52

You will be fine, just try is stay positive, i know its hard. Is this your first baby?

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 12:13:19

Yes, I had a miscarriage two years ago. That started with spotting but within a week had turned to heavy bleeding so things feel slightly different this time from that point of view.

AnAngelWithin Thu 29-Oct-09 12:16:51

I have had this a few weeks ago, i was supposed to be 6 weeks, but they couldn't see anything with a heartbeat and told me to prepare myself for the worst. Went for another scan 2 weeks later and there was a little 7mm baby with a heartbeat! grin I had just had a longer cycle the month i concieved

So please try and stay positive. All is not lost. Hope you are ok and that it all goes well. x

alana39 Thu 29-Oct-09 12:18:55

Claire your previous scan was probably too early to see a heartbeat anyway - and to add to the positive stories I had spotting for 4 weeks, albeit a bit later starting at 12 weeks (the day after my scan!) this pg, after a mc last year, and am due tomorrow. Hope you have good news tomorrow.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 13:19:08

Thanks for positive thoughts - half the day is gone now at least.

arena Fri 30-Oct-09 09:55:09

Good luck Claire, thinking of you.

bumpybecky Fri 30-Oct-09 09:56:07

good luck

AnAngelWithin Fri 30-Oct-09 09:58:18

thinking of you x

BarakObamasTransitVan Fri 30-Oct-09 11:37:31

Loon - thinking of you too.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 30-Oct-09 17:14:25

Thanks all - sadly not good news but I think we're OK, at least this time we knew what we were up against so the painful shock isn't there. I actually feel better today - relieved we know, compared to yesterday feeling so worried.

Barack I saw your message and the other thread and thanks for your kind thoughts - really appreciated.

Comma2 Sat 31-Oct-09 00:50:50

Oh no, Claire. I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say. sad Lots of hugs. Hope you will get through it all okay.

AnAngelWithin Sat 31-Oct-09 09:52:27

so sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you are ok x

Hopeful2 Sat 31-Oct-09 13:59:09

Clairedeloon I am sorry to hear your sad news. My heart goes out to u. Look after yourself x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: