Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So worried about scan tomorrow - have been spotting for 3 weeks

(16 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 10:00:32

I'm 8+2 today and I have a repeat scan tomorrow, the previous scan was two and a half weeks ago and they could see a yolk sac but no heartbeat.

I really think tomorrow will be bad news and keep saying this to DP but he is all hopeful and that makes me feel bad, like I'm letting hiim down again.

I just feel so weepy and upset and don't know how I will get through today at work.

arena Thu 29-Oct-09 10:12:12

Hi ClaireDe Loon sorry your feeling like this, spotting is not always bad new's. Do you have any pains with the spotting.

I know it's hard try to keep busy until tomorrow and think positive.

I had spotting from at 6 week's to 10 weeks after that it went, and it was bright red spotting. And i have now a 11 week baby, so it's not aways bad news. Also maybe your date's could be a bit out that's why they did'nt find a heartbeat.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 10:18:02

Thanks arena - no, no pains other than some pains in my tummy muscles in the first week or so that were just strething pains.

I'm not very busy at work at the moment and I just know today is going to drag

arena Thu 29-Oct-09 10:54:52

You will be fine, just try is stay positive, i know its hard. Is this your first baby?

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 12:13:19

Yes, I had a miscarriage two years ago. That started with spotting but within a week had turned to heavy bleeding so things feel slightly different this time from that point of view.

AnAngelWithin Thu 29-Oct-09 12:16:51

I have had this a few weeks ago, i was supposed to be 6 weeks, but they couldn't see anything with a heartbeat and told me to prepare myself for the worst. Went for another scan 2 weeks later and there was a little 7mm baby with a heartbeat! grin I had just had a longer cycle the month i concieved

So please try and stay positive. All is not lost. Hope you are ok and that it all goes well. x

alana39 Thu 29-Oct-09 12:18:55

Claire your previous scan was probably too early to see a heartbeat anyway - and to add to the positive stories I had spotting for 4 weeks, albeit a bit later starting at 12 weeks (the day after my scan!) this pg, after a mc last year, and am due tomorrow. Hope you have good news tomorrow.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 29-Oct-09 13:19:08

Thanks for positive thoughts - half the day is gone now at least.

arena Fri 30-Oct-09 09:55:09

Good luck Claire, thinking of you.

bumpybecky Fri 30-Oct-09 09:56:07

good luck

AnAngelWithin Fri 30-Oct-09 09:58:18

thinking of you x

BarakObamasTransitVan Fri 30-Oct-09 11:37:31

Loon - thinking of you too.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 30-Oct-09 17:14:25

Thanks all - sadly not good news but I think we're OK, at least this time we knew what we were up against so the painful shock isn't there. I actually feel better today - relieved we know, compared to yesterday feeling so worried.

Barack I saw your message and the other thread and thanks for your kind thoughts - really appreciated.

Comma2 Sat 31-Oct-09 00:50:50

Oh no, Claire. I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say. sad Lots of hugs. Hope you will get through it all okay.

AnAngelWithin Sat 31-Oct-09 09:52:27

so sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you are ok x

Hopeful2 Sat 31-Oct-09 13:59:09

Clairedeloon I am sorry to hear your sad news. My heart goes out to u. Look after yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now