Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Probable MC - 2nd scan booked for Monday. What questions should I ask?

(4 Posts)
BarakObamasTransitVan Wed 28-Oct-09 17:09:30

I had a slight bleed and some pain (although it transpires that the pain is probably a UTI) over the weekend so went to the EPAU on Monday. I've outlined the scan report here: Help me decode my early scan

Anyway, it doesn't look lke this pg is a goer (HCG too high, no fetal pole etc) and I'm in again this coming Monday for a second scan to confirm this.

Soooo, I could really do with a list of questions to take with me because I just know that I'll be useless on the day - any suggestions or general words of wisdom?

Thanks!

pipWereRabbit Wed 28-Oct-09 23:21:14

Hello, I saw your message and didn't want it to go unanswered.

I had a similar experience to you (the scans, blood tests, waiting and worrying), although in my case I turned out to have an ectopic pg.

I wish I could help with giving you a list of questions, but I'm not sure I can think of anything very useful.

However, I would recommend doing two things:
1) make sure you take someone with you - who can listen and ask questions and take in the answers - so that you can revisit the discussion after your appointment and also in case you miss any information yourself.

2) Do not let the medical staff rush you (I'm sure they will be lovely smile), but if you need them to repeat what they have told you, or you want them to explain what will be happening next don't worry about taking up their time - get all the information you need.

Finally - make sure that they give you a clear diagnosis, so that you really understand what has happened - that way regrets and 'what ifs' and confusion can be reduced when you look back on your experience.

BarakObamasTransitVan Thu 29-Oct-09 10:00:48

Pip - thank you so much - I think your advice will be really helpful

pipWereRabbit Thu 29-Oct-09 12:09:17

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Monday. Good Luck smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now