Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 wk scan, my dr said it looks like a 'bad pregnancy' [sad]

(7 Posts)
stayinbed Tue 27-Oct-09 14:57:44

it is my 4th, but i am still very upset by the news! he said the heartbeat seems slow and there seems to be a second mark on the scan that may be bleeding. boo hoo. i'm not really sure what to do. my husband was there but neither of us said a word about it after

GibbonWithAnAppleBobbingBibOn Tue 27-Oct-09 15:22:53

So sorry sad did the doctoe say you need to come back soon?

eggontoast Tue 27-Oct-09 15:24:51

I hope the doctor explained a little more of your options, no wonder you don't know what to do.

It does not matter that it is your fourth, it is still a developing baby that you love.

I hope you and your husband are able to start talking and agree on a course of action.

jkklpu Tue 27-Oct-09 15:25:23

Very sorry to hear it. Were you already in a risk category to warrant such an early scan?

stayinbed Wed 28-Oct-09 18:54:23

Hi, thanks for the messages i couldn't log back in yesterday.

i spoke to the dr on the phone today, he said when i come back in 10 days we will see what to do, he saide either way the 'sac' is small so we will be able to do a medical termination and not the one that is ann operation.

what is that like? i've heard it may be not so pleasant.

in the meantime i still feel extremely tired. boo hoo

LEMONADEGIRL Wed 28-Oct-09 20:22:03

So sorry to read your news stayinbed.

If you were asking what a medical termination is like I can explain a bit as I have had one.

You will take a tablet and go back 48 hours later. Once there pessaries are inserted both back and front. You will then be left to start the process. It is like very bad period pains / labour from then on as your cervix dilates.

For me the whole thing took from 9am - being discharged about 4pm.

It isn't pleasant to be very honest.

mumcah Wed 28-Oct-09 21:14:39

Really sorry to read your news.It is such a shock,and also the sort of thing that seems to happen to other people IYKWIM?
I had a missed miscarriage in may,I was 9 weeks but only measuring 5 weeks and I was offered to wait and let nature take it's course,the medical management tablet or the ERPC(operation).I had the op under general as I wanted to get it over and done with.It was totally fine and I had no pain at all after,just bleeding for 5 days.I had the op at 10 and went home at 1.
Sorry again,I hope you and your husband can support eachother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now