I've had light bleeding for more than 24 hrs, including a small amount of fresh red stuff last night.
Saw the GP yesterday morning who booked me in for a scan tomorrow, then called out of hours service last night when I got the fresh stuff. Was told that if I had the scan booked I might as well wait for it as if it was a miscarriage there was nothing they could do anyway. Been told to go to hospital if it gets worse or if I get cramps.
I'm scared, don't want to talk to anyone because that would make it too real, but really really don't want to wait till tomorrow till I have this scan. I'm almost at the point of wishing it would get bad enough that I could justify going to the hospital
I had bleeding with DS1 but I don't remember it being this much.
Oh no - really sorry to hear this Chairmum. As you know, some women bleed lots and have healthy babies, and some don't. Only way to tell is the scan - if they told you to go to the hospital if you had cramps, I'd be inclined to go if there is someone to have DS for you. I know only too well the agony of the waiting.
If you had bleeding with your first, I wouldn't cross the pg off yet. I had bleeding with both mine - with my first pg, bleeding inc cramps & clots - from 7 weeks onwards, every few days. Consultant told me that I'd probably miscarry (& asked why I was wasting her time coming in...) Lovely GP & midwives told me to wait & see. Guess who was right
Does your local hospital have an EPU? If so, ring & ask what the proceedure is - with ours you could self refer - it was a case of turning up & waiting til they had a gap...
added trouble is that neither DS nor I are very well and I don't know if nursery will take him even though he is due in today, plus I don't drive so I will either have to book a taxi or wake SIL who works nights (DH is away)
Well, it may be more practical for you to just wait then (hanging around at EPU when you & ds aren't feeling great maybe not the best...)
If you can, put your feet up a bit & have an easy day - my lovely GP put me on bed rest (not possible with a lo around, I know!) - she said it wouldn't make any difference, but if the worst did happen, I'd know I had done everything I could....