Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PE diagnosed and on Fragmin at 22 wks - anyone else in this situation? Need info!!!

(3 Posts)
maisie79 Tue 27-Oct-09 07:45:33

I have been diagnosed with a PE on my left lung and they have sent me home with twice daily injections of Fragmin but no further information. Its still a week to go until my consultant appointment and I am desperate for information.

Is or has anyone been in this situation and have any information they can give me.

pipWereRabbit Tue 27-Oct-09 11:47:08

Hi Maisie79, sorry to hear about your PE.
I was on Fragmin throughout my first pregnancy, due to my having Lupus.

How are you getting on with the injections? Managed to give yourself and beautiful bruises yet grin?

What sort of info are you after?

maisie79 Fri 30-Oct-09 10:33:32

Yes! my legs are covered in what I guess must be referred to as track marks! So horrible but I have been using a cold spray first and now I am getting quite used to the injections although I think after the next 4 months I will be glad to give them up..

I just wanted to know how it affects labour - whether they will induce me and whether I will be able to have pain relief.

So nice to speak to someone who has been on it too!!! Thank you for responding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now