Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morphine and Pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Jayfer Mon 26-Oct-09 10:48:39

Anyone had any experience with this?

Had RA flare over the weekend and after seeing emergency doc I was told I could take morphine. If I was in later stages of pregnancy (I'm 14wks) then it would effect breathing of the baby. Other than that the bub could get addicted.

ohnelly Mon 26-Oct-09 12:03:38

Hi I had an operation on my ankle at 11 weeks pregnant and had Morphine (intravenously). It was only for a few days though, and i was ok. I didnt have much choice though as I was in so much pain and they couldnt give me anything else but paracetemol. How long would you be on it for?
What is RA? If I could have managed without it then I probably would, or limit the amount to as little as possible.

Jayfer Mon 26-Oct-09 12:40:27

RA is rheumatoid arthritis, had it 11yrs but friday night I was in total agony, proper climbing the walls. Trying to get to see consultant to get some help but its like getting blood from a stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now