Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Morphine and Pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Jayfer Mon 26-Oct-09 10:48:39

Anyone had any experience with this?

Had RA flare over the weekend and after seeing emergency doc I was told I could take morphine. If I was in later stages of pregnancy (I'm 14wks) then it would effect breathing of the baby. Other than that the bub could get addicted.

ohnelly Mon 26-Oct-09 12:03:38

Hi I had an operation on my ankle at 11 weeks pregnant and had Morphine (intravenously). It was only for a few days though, and i was ok. I didnt have much choice though as I was in so much pain and they couldnt give me anything else but paracetemol. How long would you be on it for?
What is RA? If I could have managed without it then I probably would, or limit the amount to as little as possible.

Jayfer Mon 26-Oct-09 12:40:27

RA is rheumatoid arthritis, had it 11yrs but friday night I was in total agony, proper climbing the walls. Trying to get to see consultant to get some help but its like getting blood from a stone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: