Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fairy non-bio???

(12 Posts)
Dee2009 Sun 25-Oct-09 10:31:23

Hi there,

bit confused over washing liquid! I thought you could use any washing liquid for baby as long as it was a non-bio, was talking to someone the other day who said it had to be fairy non bio. I dont see why as surely persil is as good as fariy, and i thought as long as you stuck to the same liquid it didn't matter!

Any advice greatly recieved as i've already stocked up on some big containers of persil!!!!

MAny Thanks Dee.

blondiep14 Sun 25-Oct-09 10:34:03

It doesn't matter at all!

ImSoNotTelling Sun 25-Oct-09 10:40:38

Yes anything is fine. Persil, fairy, anything. Unless you have a DC with v sensitive skin - when both fairy and persil might cause probs. I have to use somethng called filetti on mine otherwise they come out in a rash!

blondiep14 Sun 25-Oct-09 10:52:51

My DS is 21 months and I use Persil non-bio for coloureds and bio for whites, have done since he was 6 months old to get rid of food stains but he is quite a robust little chap re allergies etc.

mummyofthomas Sun 25-Oct-09 11:35:56

My son is 14 months, I have sensitive skin so was worried that he might have too, but i have always just used the supermarket own brand of non bio and find it just as good and just as kind to his skin.

trellism Sun 25-Oct-09 11:39:02

I think it's just because Fairy has a picture of a baby on the front.

ImSoNotTelling Sun 25-Oct-09 11:39:52

It's because they give it out in the bounty packs as well. Bounty packs are evil wink

Dee2009 Sun 25-Oct-09 12:05:02

Thanks all for your advice, i shall stop worrying and carry on using persil non-bio!!grin

GuernseyFrench Sun 25-Oct-09 12:28:53

This bring me to another question.
Do you have to use non-bio washing liquid? I normally use Bold.
Thanks

ImSoNotTelling Sun 25-Oct-09 12:55:36

Maybe the enzymes are hard on babies skins? Maybe they don't rinse out so well? Don't know really. Non bio contains bleach for cleaning power IIRC, bio contains enzymes.

mylovelymonster Sun 25-Oct-09 13:02:28

I would think anything is fine as long as it's rinsed out really well - so don't use very much. Personally, I always used Ecover on DDs stuff when she was a baby - but then I thought she may have sensitive skin (as I do & excema) so was a precaution really.
Just as important is to not use baby wash which has sodium lauryl sulphate in it - same stuff as used in washing up liquid and is in EVERYTHING - even baby bath from some companies. There is a lot on the market now which doesn't have it and is gentler on the skin (doesn't strip natural oils).

ImSoNotTelling Sun 25-Oct-09 13:08:43

Super rinse setting on washing machine is also handy for those with sensitive babies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now