Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help...

(4 Posts)
Weesharv Sat 24-Oct-09 23:37:59

Hi, I have just found out that I am prenant on Thursday and I am on holidays this week and have planned loads of nights out with friends as its my first time home in 10 months.... but I dont want to tell anyone yet that I am pregnant as I am only 4-5 weeks gone, and do not want to drink (for obvious reasons) but I am having difficutly thinking of reasons to tell them wihtout having to tell them that I am pregant!! Has anyone ever been in this situation, and what did you tell them?

Washersaurus Sat 24-Oct-09 23:42:15

Yes, I went on a boozy holiday with friends and told them I had a kidney infection and that my folic acid tabs were my medication.

drowninginclutter Sat 24-Oct-09 23:46:29

Antibiotics is the normal excuse smile, say it's toothache as you definitely can't drink on the ones you get for most tooth problems.

If you're out with good friends you will probably get a few winks and everyone will delight in telling you they already knew when you are ready to announce.

OneBabyPlease Sat 24-Oct-09 23:58:02

Had the same situation last week & I too said I had a kidney infection & was on antibiotics - alcohol is the last thing you'd need if there's something wrong with your kidneys so even if the antibiotic ploy doesn't stop everyone trying to buy you a drink then that should! Worked for me! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now