Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I still be pregnant?

(6 Posts)
fernie3 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:42:15

Ok this is complicated!

I am on the progesterone only pill. Last cycle I was ill so I was sick after taking the pill and missed one altogther because with all the illness I totally forgot about it. For about a week after we didnt have sex BUT my period (which has been every 30 days since being on this pill) was late I tested and got a positive test.

Within literally hours of this I started bleeding and bled quite heavily before (sorry tmi) passing a largish clot and the bleeding then tailed off and stopped - so the bleeding lasted about 4 -5 days. So I assumed I had had a miscarraige, I have had 4 before and so this wasnt a huge shock. I continued to take the pill as normal. That was 4 weeks ago and my next period should be due now BUT lately I have been feeling sick which at first I put down to a bug since there is one going around but then tonight the smell of cat food really turned my stomach and I had that familiar feeling of loads of spit in my mouth and the acidy feel that I have had with morning sickness. I have also been a little tearful (I cried because the cat scratched me for example) and I have been tired.

Is it really possible I could still be pregnant after bleeding so heavily? would it be worth testing again or should I wait for my next period to be late?

thanks!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 24-Oct-09 19:45:38

I would go to the GP and ask him to test and also ask for a scan because you could have miscarried one of twins or it could be an implantation bleed.

Or is it possible that since then you've conceived? I only ask as both my DC have been conceived in the month following a miscarriage.

BiscuitStuffer Sat 24-Oct-09 19:46:33

oh test again and then you'll know!

fernie3 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:48:25

I suppose it is possible (I mean we have had sex) but I have been extra careful with taking the pills this month so they have been the same time every day so I dont know.

fernie3 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:49:52

biscuitstuffer - I want to go buy a test but I dont want my husband to know - he was disappointed last cycle (even though obviously we are not trying) and I dont want to get his hopes up when I am probably imagining all this. I need to wait until he is in work! I think I will go mad by then lol

whomovedmychocolate Sat 24-Oct-09 19:52:37

Actually testing yourself won't help, if you were pregnant and have miscarried only a month ago, you can still get a positive result. You really need to see the GP and get a blood test to check your HCG levels after a urine test. Preferably with a scan if you have got a positive result - ectopic pregnancies is one (unlikely) possibility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now