Talk

Advanced search

Extreme tiredness at 38 wks?? Where's the burst of energy?? Is it just me?

(6 Posts)
choccywhoccydodah Sat 24-Oct-09 11:42:38

Can anyone relate to this please??

I have been tired throughout whole of pregnancy and not had good night sleep for the last 9 months. I never got my energy back in middle trimester as the books and everyone else say!!!!

I'm 38wks tomorrow and for the last 3 days wanted to do nothing but sleep and have slept like a baby through the night only getting up to pee once or twice instead of 6-7 times.

Not that i'm complaining about the sleep but i feel completely exhausted all the time even with all the sleep and been having headaches. Is this normal cos i was expecting to have a little more energy now especialy as not working and not doing anyting but relaxing!!!

Is it just my baby zapping all of my energy - baby still moves constantly and has not settled at all!!

morethemerrier Sat 24-Oct-09 12:57:17

Hi have you had your iron levels checked? I had the same in my last pregnancy and it turned out I was anaemic and was struggling when I did not have to! The doctor was going to give me iron tablets , but a friend had already suggested spatone which made a massive difference so I carried on with that! I am now 11 weeks with dc3 and have started taking it again! Hope you enjoy your last couple of weeks, and sleep as much as you can! X

choccywhoccydodah Sat 24-Oct-09 18:13:50

thank you for that, i have not had iron levels checked so maybe thats what it is. i'm hoping to have a date for this week to have a section so shouldn't have to struggle too much longer. i will def get my mum/partner to get me some spatone (assuming its not a prob to take if the body doesn't need it), but that should help me get through the last few days/week!!!

thanks again with that and good luck with your pg. xx

lucky1979 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:46:40

It's the same with me - 37 weeks and its a massive struggle to get off the sofa, I'm just permanently exhausted.

Would love a final burst of energy to finish off all the little things I wanted to do to the house! Booked in for a CS next wednesday though so not long to go!

WinkyWinkola Sat 24-Oct-09 19:06:08

Yep, yep, yep. Weeks 36-39 weeks saw me absolutely and beyond tired. And bad tempered. And insomniac, racked with painful, intense Braxton Hicks. A pretty bad time actually.

I'm due tomorrow with dc3 and have lots of energy and feel loads better.

Hang in there and make sure you rest whenever you can. It will get better if not only when the baby comes out. You're nearly there!

Weird this pregnancy malarky.

foxinsocks Sat 24-Oct-09 19:10:23

I was like that with both of mine. I could barely move out of bed after around 34 weeks!

if you continue with the headaches, pop in to the midwife, just in case they need to look at your bp! otherwise, put your feet up and rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now