Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone think this could have been twins?

(10 Posts)
morethemerrier Fri 23-Oct-09 22:04:34

http://m828.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Morethemerrier_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/1.jpg.html

hi all, just been going through my baby stuff from my last pregnancy as I am now 11 weeks pregnant with dc3! Anyway, came across my 8 week scan photo Of my ds and my friend asked what the other sac was (she has no children so not seen scan before) it then got me wondering if I was carrying twins? Remember thinking it was a bit odd at the time but the scan was over in minutes and she never mentioned it, and I was happy to be having a healthy baby! So, really just wanted to ask if anyone had anything similar for my own curiosity! Also, got my first booking in scan next Thursday and would like to have the confidence to ask more questions instead of being herded in and out because they are busy! Thanks in advance x

thisisyesterday Fri 23-Oct-09 22:09:08

it's kind of small, i only see one sac though, with a baby in it

morethemerrier Fri 23-Oct-09 22:14:20

Hi thanks for having a look, it's towards the right hand side kind of level with the sac with ds2 in? X

thisisyesterday Fri 23-Oct-09 22:17:43

i just see the roundish dark sac, with ds2 in (the white shape)

then a big dark area on the right hand side which lookes like something over the screen as it's darker than the rest of the picture

RoseBlossoms Fri 23-Oct-09 22:18:06

Hi i think thats your bladder, mine looks v.similar but ds is just a bean (6weeks).

HTH but take said pic along to scan with this one they can shine far more light than us lot!!

thisisyesterday Fri 23-Oct-09 22:18:29

maybe a sonographer will come along in a bit lol, i was never very good at telling what was what

i'm poretty sure they#'d have said if it was twins though!!

sazzaf Fri 23-Oct-09 22:19:42

if it was only an 8 wk scan, are you sure it isn't the "food sac" - the thing they feed from before the placenta gets going?? They would have seen 2 heartbeats I think if there were 2 in there!! xx

peterpansmum Fri 23-Oct-09 22:20:56

I had something similar with my 2nd pregnancy. was scanned early approx 7 weeks and def one strong heartbeat but also appeared to be another sac without a heartbeat. went back for another scan in a couple weeks and 2nd sac had been absorbed. Was told that it was really common and most people never know since most routine scans aren't carried out until 12 ish weeks HTH. Good luck with scan when it comes and don't be afraid to ask questions. xx

morethemerrier Fri 23-Oct-09 22:24:58

I thought that they would have mentioned it, but tbh she was so abrupt and seemed to rush things I wondered if it may have been a vanashing twin? That's a good idea to take it along with me though think I may do that, hope it's not the same woman!!! Not that it really matters and nerves will be jittering as it's first scan anyway, thanks ladies I love the mn community x

BiscuitStuffer Sat 24-Oct-09 19:55:57

can you take it with you to your next scan to see if your current sonographer can have a guess?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now