Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bad pain really low down (UTI?)

(4 Posts)
thehuntress Fri 23-Oct-09 20:00:12

I'm 16weeks pregnant and since early afternoon have been suffering from pretty strong pains in the very lower part of my abdomen. I'm wondering if maybe I have a UTI, but I'm not really stinging when I wee. I did notice that when I wee'd earlier it was dark (but not cloudy) but seems normal now.

Given it's Friday night, do you think I should just wait it out and see how I feel in the morning? This is my second pregnancy and I didn't suffer from an UTI in my first pregnancy so not sure what I'm feeling.

Could it just be stretching? If so, I've never felt this kind of stretching before (and so far down)

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 23-Oct-09 20:10:35

I had a UTI and i had the following symptoms:

cloudy wee
dark week
smelly wee
painful back by kidneys
weeing a lot when I was not before, not producing much though
waking in night for a wee
fever
vomiting

No lower pain, or stinging/pain when I went to the toilet.

Did not know for 2 weeks as I put it down to being pregnant! It was only when I started vomiting i went to gp blush.

How do you feel in general? I would be inclined to call out of hours gp if you have one on call, for some reassurance, to make sure the abdominal pain is nothing to worry about, am sure it is not but no hard in checking.

thehuntress Fri 23-Oct-09 20:13:46

Thanks PFC. I feel fine generally, so am minded to just wait till tomorrow morning. I'm drinking loads of fluids - which will probably make me wee all night - but oh well. I don't know of an out of hours number I can call anyway.

I already wee a lot (up to 5 times a night!) so can't look for that symptom

thanks again

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 23-Oct-09 20:22:09

are you actually weeing when you go? it is not so much how often you go, but rather whether you need to go, or rather feel like you do. I was going a lot, but not really going. I did not think anything of it as I was 32 weeks, just presumed it was par for the course, even the night waking!

If you call your gp surgery, do they provide an out of hours number, or do they advise to call nhs direct? We have something called Devon Drs here, in well not surprisingly, Devon! Instead of NHS direct, there is an out of hours Dr to talk to who will decide if you can go seem them at the surgery where they are based (for us its a local outpatient hosp) or they come out to you, or just telephone advice. I used them a few times when I did not want to talk to a nurse and be told to go to hosp!

Hope you feel better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now