Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone successfully turned an OP/back to back baby?

(7 Posts)
Bubbaloo2 Fri 23-Oct-09 19:34:29

I am 36 weeks and really want to turn this baby around ASAP. Am rocking on all fours, birthing ball etc.

Would like to know of success stories and at how many weeks.

I am aware that babies turn naturally in labour, but I had an OP baby last time and had 2 days of contractions 10 mins apart while it tried to turn and I want to avoid this again. Thanks.

BiscuitStuffer Fri 23-Oct-09 22:03:24

Yes i have at 37 weeks.

you're doing all the right stuff
PLUS
never slouch
always sit with knees lower than hips (will need to spread your legs a bit too - can still have knees bent
see an osteopath to make sure your pelvis is where it wants to be - baby can turn spontaneously afterwards

Bubbaloo2 Sat 24-Oct-09 09:05:58

Hi Biscuitstuffer

Can you tell me a bit more about this:
see an osteopath to make sure your pelvis is where it wants to be - baby can turn spontaneously afterwards

Did you do this? Do you mean it can turn after seeing the osteopath or can turn back to its original position?

brightonbleach Sat 24-Oct-09 11:04:21

hi there, I'm 39+5 now and LO was OP at 37 weeks but is completely cephalic now, after the scan at 37 weeks where I was told he was OP I spent hours bouncing on the birthing ball as instructed & on all fours - on the bed rather than the floor as couldn't cope with that!- wriggling hips around and side to side at same time. bascially lots of movement seemed to do the trick and he has swung round now although not engaged... also I can't slouch as its too uncomfy & can't sit back on a hard chair or a sofa, so am on the ball most of the time or walking around or putting the ball on a chair and leaning right over it watching tv! all these things seem to have helped apparently. best of luck!

funtimewincies Sat 24-Oct-09 19:00:43

Yes, found out at a scan yesterday (get extra due to lots of mcs). Not all the way, but it's moved from back-to-back to sideways.

Lots of hands and knees (on a cushion to save your knees) and birthing ball bouncing. I swear that it was scrubbing the bathroom floor on my hands and knees that got it from breech to head down too grin!

funtimewincies Sat 24-Oct-09 19:01:28

I'm nearly 35 weeks by the way, should have said.

BiscuitStuffer Sat 24-Oct-09 19:43:33

If your pelvis is a little bit twisted up or tight in places, then it can change the shape of the space inside as it were and baby will be where it is easiest and most comfortable. If you get your pelvis checked and freed up, then if that was the prob, then it will be easier for baby to spin round and sit the other way round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now