Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby not moving!

(24 Posts)
AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 10:44:01

Have tried most usual things to get a response and the best i get is a very small slight movement but thats about 2/3 very small gestures from her in about 24 hours!!! called midwife and she said she would get back to me and let me know where abouts she wants me to go, well that was about 45 minutes ago and to be honest every second waiting is a nightmare!! should i just go???

pinkmama Tue 14-Jun-05 10:45:04

How pg are you?

JustThinking Tue 14-Jun-05 10:45:07

Message withdrawn

fastasleep Tue 14-Jun-05 10:45:31

I would just go, the stress isn't going to help anyone...at least then you'll be actively doing something...

I hope everythings ok! Some movement is better than none at all, try not to worry (That sounded so silly!)

*massive hugs*

AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 10:48:44

im 26 weeks! i have just called dp and he is on hos way so i guess i should do something

Miaou Tue 14-Jun-05 10:52:22

Try calling her again AnotherHelen before you go anywhere.

pinkmama Tue 14-Jun-05 10:53:45

I think they can still go very quiet at 26 weeks. My MW told me not to worry about regular movements until closer to 30. I know its hard, and I understand why you are worried. I would go to the antenatal ward as others have suggested just to put your mind at rest. Good luck, I am sure it will be fine.

Gobbledigook Tue 14-Jun-05 10:54:28

I'd go straight to the ward too - they don't mind as they'd rather you check out anything that is worrying you. Hope all is well - let us know.

fastasleep Tue 14-Jun-05 10:59:20

Best of luck Helen xxx they can still hide away at 26 weeks

MINNIE1 Tue 14-Jun-05 11:39:35

Helen,
Wishing you all the best ..

QueenFlounce Tue 14-Jun-05 11:55:58

Good luck AnotherHelen. Sure it'll be fine.

AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 13:28:10

Oh thanks for the support ladies!! well have just got back from the hospital and they completely checked everything and even scanned me and baby is fine!! they're not sure as to whyshe/he isnt moving much but as far as they can tell baby is just tooked away in a corner and is very happy and comfy - very relieved to say the least! little monkeys know how to keep you on your toes dont they! xxxx

essbee Tue 14-Jun-05 13:29:59

Message withdrawn

AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 13:31:51

I will essbee!! it teaches you to not take things for granted abit doesnt it!! xx

pinkmama Tue 14-Jun-05 13:31:57

Really pleased to hear that! Good luck with the rest of your pg!

Gobbledigook Tue 14-Jun-05 14:32:48

Glad to hear it. If you are ever worried again, just go in and ask to be monitored. I did a couple of times with ds2 and they really didn't mind at all - always reassuring me I was doing the right thing.

Good luck with the rest of your pg.

lucy5 Tue 14-Jun-05 14:34:46

Fantastic news. Dont worry about being a pain, if you are ever worried go back they dont mind.

fastasleep Tue 14-Jun-05 14:41:14

Glad everything's ok I'm off for my scan in a few minutes!

AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 15:37:27

Oh really? let us know how it goes fastasleep! and thanks again everyone - i was in a right state this morning! happy i had you girls to turn too! xxx

eldestgirl Tue 14-Jun-05 15:46:27

When DS2 was very inactive prior to a scan, they gave me a chocolate bar to perk him up. It worked!

AnotherHelen Tue 14-Jun-05 17:03:36

Hmmmmm chocolate!!! - well any excuse for me!!! xx

QueenFlounce Tue 14-Jun-05 17:06:56

Yeah I was given lucazade!

burstingbug Tue 14-Jun-05 17:12:01

My DS stopped moving for a day or so when I was 30wks prg, I got into a right state convinced I had lost him.
I was monitored at hospital and was given ice cold water to try and make him move about and sent for a scan.
Everything turned out fine and DS is now 16weeks old

Sax Tue 14-Jun-05 17:28:59

Just read this and wanted to say, I didn't feel my ds (x3) hardly at all. (this wasn't triplets, three separate) but I never was that fussed becasue they put certain expectations on you feeling the baby however many times in the day - I never ever did and mine were fine and all went over term!. I just use to think they have their active times and I wasn't always aware of them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: