Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to buy as gift for third baby

(6 Posts)
VanillaIce Fri 23-Oct-09 12:57:09

Hi, my sister has just given birth to her third child and I'm stuck for what to buy as a gift. I'm guessing she has lots of clothes from her first two and is all set up with equipment not to mention soft toys coming out of her ears. What would be a nice present this time round? As it's my neice, I feel I should still buy a baby gift rather than a Mummy gift... any ideas?

TheDevilEatsBabies Fri 23-Oct-09 12:57:50

nappies?

AngryPixie Fri 23-Oct-09 13:02:20

Premium bonds?
Something personalised with the baby's name (blanket, teddy, toy box) so it stands out from the hand-me-downs a third child often gets?
Born Gifted do some great & unique things.

Northernlurker Fri 23-Oct-09 13:04:28

I got a lovely blanket for my best friend's baby from Cath Kidston - you always need blankets!

henryhuggins Fri 23-Oct-09 13:06:54

I have 3 and agree that personalized things would be nice - not naff stuff tho! We were given letters for her name, a taggy blanky that she still uses, a piggy bank, voucher for her first pair of shoes (costs us nearly £100 if all 3 girls get new shoes at the same time so that was an inspired gift) , buggy blanket, special teddy

also nice to get some new clothes too!

gemstones Fri 23-Oct-09 13:08:05

How about a small selection of different bits and bobs, like a hamper basket and put a few toiletries in (can never have enough), something personalised like angrypixie suggested, a little outfit, and maybe a clothing gift voucher for mum just as a little treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now