Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being kicked in my bits - How the hell can I move this baby round??

(7 Posts)
laurawantsababy Thu 22-Oct-09 21:12:23

Im 26 weeks pg and it is driving me mad. When I sit down or lie down the baby kicks me hard and it is quite painful at times and very uncomfortable.

How can I stop it?? Please help!

Bump02 Thu 22-Oct-09 23:09:51

Hi I am 31 weeks and when I am getting kicked in the bits I get on all fours, or lean forwards so bump is facing the floor and rock forward/backwards and/or side to side! I do pg yoga and I do some moves from that too!

It has helped a couple of times, it might help! Good luck smile

laurawantsababy Fri 23-Oct-09 08:58:49

Thanks Bump02, I will give that a go next time.

I cant remember it being like that when I was pg with dd!

alana39 Fri 23-Oct-09 10:43:13

Be warned though it is not much fun being punched and poked there instead grin

QTPie Fri 23-Oct-09 16:11:50

Hhhmmm, me too - think he is trying to kick his way out of my cervix some times.... shock

I find that getting up and walking around tends to make him change position (a pain if you are lying in bed, I suppose, but ok if you are just sitting watching TV etc).

QT

luciemule Fri 23-Oct-09 16:24:44

You could also sit on a birthing ball and do gentle circular motions.
Try to lie on your left side when resting/sleeping too - although not practical all the time, it certianly aids optimal birth position.

laurawantsababy Fri 23-Oct-09 20:07:26

I was driving earlier and she was doing it again. It is the weirdest feeling and not the nicest.

I will try the birthing ball aswell. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now