Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HUNGRY!!! Help me stop eating all the time!

(9 Posts)
GuernseyFrench Thu 22-Oct-09 17:50:30

Hi,
I'm 23+4 and since the start of the week and could eat all the time. I started the pregnancy by loosing my appetite but now I seem to be eating back!
I try not to put on too much weight too as I know I'll have trouble to loose it after the birth; at the moment I've put on 6kg (sorry I don't do imperial but I think it's just under 1 stone)
Does this hunger normal or is it just me and my wish to eat the entire content of my fridge? hmm

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 22-Oct-09 18:03:39

normal! I needed to eat all the time, don't hold back, your body is telling you something. Just eat healthy food, low GI to keep you going. And drink lots of water (sometimes I want food when I'm actually thirsty). You can lose the weight afterwards, just enjoy! I think that 1 stone at this point is quite good. I ended up putting on 4 stone but have lost it now.

Tigresswoods Thu 22-Oct-09 18:04:11

Ha ha, this could be me! I am a little behind you, 21 + 2 but last week and week before I could have eaten ALL day!

I too lost my appetite for a few weeks at abouot 9-10 weeks but have got it back big time.

Get down Sainsbugs and get some healthy stuff, carrots, humus, some nice healthy nutty seedy bread, satsumas, weetabix whatever you fancy. Of course I ate Mr Kipling apple pies and am not practicing what I am preaching at all but that is the theory.

[stuffed face emoticon]

butterscotch Thu 22-Oct-09 18:09:02

I constantly ate through first pregnancy and this pregnancy is the same! I didn't worry about weight last time but didn't loose it alll this time I'm trying not to worry but only want too children so will need to get my butt in gear afterwards sad

fiziwizzle Fri 23-Oct-09 12:30:39

It comes and goes but generally I'm hungry all day and am eating like a horse. I'm putting on a pound a week so am trying not to eat too much... but I'm not trying that hard... I figure as long as I'm eating healthily (and homemade cake is healthy right?!) then my body knows what it's doing... and I am growing a baby (24w)

GuernseyFrench Fri 23-Oct-09 12:47:06

I just eat a tub of Philadelphia with a teaspoon. At least no bread so no carbs (I'm diabetic so try not to eat too much carbs but in the other hand fresh bread and honey is lovely...)

phdlife Fri 23-Oct-09 12:53:25

yeah, that being hungry all the time was practically my only symptom. sadly I am the same when bfing...

Comma2 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:55:24

I gained 50 lbs with dd1, and I think I ate waaaay too much. Same as you, always hungry. I think I extended my stomach to the point where it's so big the stretch receptors adjusted to a bigger size. I had to eat an entire (US) frozen pizza to fill it up etc.
This time I was determined to not do that. I was still hungry, but I ate oatmeal for breakfast, veggie soup for lunch and a normal dinner. Snacks all the time, but veggies preferably. If I eat half a pizza I am pretty stuffed... I gained 25 lbs, which is what my doc recomended. No new stretchmarks!
Don't be afraid of not eating loads when you are hungry, but just enough healthy stuff to fill you up. Even if you wake up hungry at night Baby ain't gonna starve. I think I was freightend into eating MUCH more that either baby or I needed.

phdlife Fri 23-Oct-09 13:08:54

meant to say, I find a good low-fat, low-sugar muesli with added sunflower seeds to be my best friend these days. healthy and long, low-GI

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now