Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

To people who have had 2 or more pregnancies....

(7 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Thu 22-Oct-09 14:52:26

Have any of you been straving for the first two (first trimester) and put on weight as a result but then had normal to low appetite for the 3rd one (but no nausea) and it's all been ok?

wheredidiputit Thu 22-Oct-09 16:33:56

I've been had 3 children.

But for me my second pg I had no appitite. I only eat because it was meal time and for no other reason.

Only put on 7lb's but still had a 9lb 2oz baby.

insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 22-Oct-09 16:40:06

I have 2 DD's.
My first pg I lost a lot of weight (had a lot of padding so not a problem for me) didn't want to eat, I didn't feel nausea's at all just didn't want to eat. I lost nearly 4 stone. DD was born a healthy weight at 7lb 6oz.

DD2 I also lost weight but not as much as with DD1 and DD2 was born 7lb 6.5oz.

If you are worried at all, speak to your MW.

MumNWLondon Thu 22-Oct-09 17:00:32

In my 2nd pregnancy (DS) no nausea and no weight gain in 1st trimester. In my first pregnancy and this one very nauseaous and had to eat all the time in 1st trimester. Try not to worry, every pregnancy is different.

moosemama Thu 22-Oct-09 17:48:43

Hi

I ate my way through my first two pregnancies, putting on 3 stone in the first and 4 in the second. My third was completely different. I had just about lost most of my baby weight from ds2 prior to getting pregnant and during my pregnancy with dd I had a low or non-existent appetite, lost weight to begin with, only gained just under a 1 1/2 stone overall and that had all gone a week after I had her.

I had huge bumps with both boys, but with dd my bump was small and neat and a week before my due date people were refusing to believe I was full term. She was fine and weighed in at a perfectly healthy 7lb 8oz.

CantThinkofFunnyName Thu 22-Oct-09 18:08:58

Yep - that's me now. On 3rd pg - put on 1st in 1st trimester - was SOOOOO starving the whole time, but nauseous - couldn't stop eating. 2nd and 3rd trimesters - not particularly hungry at all - or if I am, its during the day and come evening, can't eat anything!

BiscuitStuffer Thu 22-Oct-09 19:42:28

Thank you so much everyone - you have all been very reassuring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now