Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful sex at 14 weeks - any advice gratefully received!

(3 Posts)
melovecookie Thu 22-Oct-09 14:48:53

Hi ladies - I am 14 weeks and just starting to relax about pregnancy so last night my husband and I tried to have sex for the first time in about 6 weeks (my labido has been non-existant plus did not want to injure the baby!!blush) so it was a big occasion for both of us but it was AGONY! He is quite, erm, 'well-endowed' and it can be a bit sore at the best of times but last night whichever position we tried, I was convinced I was going to wet myself (even though my bladder was empty)and it was so uncomfortable. I just don't understand it as I have not had any urgency to wee so far during my pregnancy (which I have been a bit concerned about) so don't understand why feeling of a full bladder is happening when I have sex! Any thoughts?!

bananapeanutbutter Thu 22-Oct-09 18:28:54

Could you have a UTI? I sometimes get this feeling when I have a UTI.

Was it painful in any other way than the need to pee? Maybe the position of your uterus and other bits at your current stage of pregnancy is causing the problem and it will resolve in a few weeks when the uterus moves out of the pelvis?

hw7342 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:42:25

Get yourself checked out if you are worried. I had the same thing throughout my pregnancy, thinking it was psychological or just things changing cause of the baby and then went for tests @ 31 weeks and they told me i have BV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now