Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DH has taken up smoking again now I'm pregnant with DD2. Absolutely gutted :-(

(4 Posts)
howdidthishappenthen Wed 21-Oct-09 19:26:33

Title says it all really. And yes, he knows all the increased risks of SIDs to the new baby etc. Quit 2.5 years ago but always had the odd one when out with the lads. Caught him out a few weeks ago, then yesterday, now today. Says he's stressed (money situation is crap -but isn't everyones?). I hate smoking - the smell makes me barf, and I'm severe asthmatic. Also very hurt that he knows how much I hate it and does it anyway. Anyone else in the same situation?

And it's our wedding anniversary today. Great. :-(

Mama2b5 Wed 21-Oct-09 19:31:40

AHHHHH so sorry big hug from me to you!
im in a home of non smokers and so grateful but im so sorry that this has happened to you hopefully he will see how upset you are with it and will stop!

Mama2b5 Wed 21-Oct-09 19:32:37

Happy Anniversary also smile

ThisPhantomPlopsPumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 19:41:33

I can sympathise with you, but don't be too hard on him, I'm an ex smoker, gave up years ago but DH still smokes, banished to the end of the garden. Fortunately he's deployed ATM so I don't have to deal with it.

I went through a stage when pregnant with DD of REALLY nagging at him, dropping hints and even showing him videos of end stage, smoking related lung cancers with the death rattle. It didn't work and had the opposite effect. If he doesn't want to quit no amount of reciting SIDS stats at him will stop him unfortunately.

Does he want to stop?

I'd just make sure he's not smoking in the house, car or anywhere near you and hopefully he'll stop again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now