Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If your baby is transverse at 30 weeks...

(6 Posts)
maybebaby23 Tue 20-Oct-09 22:08:45

Is it likely to stay that way? DD was breech all the way through my pregnancy and now DD2 is transverse and has been the whole time. (i know this from extra scans with both)

I have quite a hard tight bump iykwim, same as last time and i just wondered if my babies can't actually turn seeing as it's so tight in there! It doesn't really matter this time as i am having a repeat c section, just curious really.

Also, her head is on my right side so should i be avoiding sleeping on that side? Just seems wierd now she's bigger, like i may be squashing her head or something!

corblimeymadam Tue 20-Oct-09 22:14:57

Message withdrawn

IdrisTheDragon Tue 20-Oct-09 22:16:53

DS was every which way up at 30 weeks and carried on that way until about 35 weeks when he went firmly head down.

lou031205 Tue 20-Oct-09 22:59:17

DD2 was & turned. Lots of time yet.

maybebaby23 Wed 21-Oct-09 09:58:25

Thanks for the replies! Im guessing she will prob turn again then. Will wait and see! smile

IckleJess Wed 21-Oct-09 11:02:40

My DD was transverse right up until 37 weeks - wasn't pleasant when she eventually turned but I was just relieved that I could have my home birth rather than a c-section!

You have plenty of time for baby to turn, also although your bump feels hard I was told that transverse babies are more likely during subsequent pregnancies due to slacker stomach muscles (charming eh?) - so I'm sure there's enough room for baby to turn.

Folowing some rules about always sitting up straight, not slumped on the sofa or legs up on the sofa/footstool, should help encourage baby to turn. If you ave a birth ball then it's a good excercise to spend some time each day on your knees leaning over it (watch tv whilst you do it!) as this will help. Scrubbing floors is supposed to help but funnily enough I didn't really try that one!

Interestingly though, in my previous pregnancy my daughter was breech right up to nearly 37 weeks also - am glad that both babies turned in time but am now pregnant again and certainly not expecting this one to be the right way up until at least then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now