Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

26 weeks and poorly - doctors/midwife or just stay home

(4 Posts)
mrsjammi Tue 20-Oct-09 22:02:43

Message withdrawn

NestaFiesta Tue 20-Oct-09 22:50:24

Poor you. Don't think much of your doc diagnosoign and advising without seeing you. Try your midwife. I've had a couple of bouts of food poisoning whilst pregnant and its really scary and painful. You should get more support! Ask your midwife to visit you and don't worry about work- you don't sound well enough! get well soon xx

mrsjammi Wed 21-Oct-09 09:32:01

Message withdrawn

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 21-Oct-09 09:42:22

Poor you.

It is nasty at any time but esp. when preg.

I got that bloody winter vomiting bug when 8 months gone with DS3.
I was hallucinating, having cold sweats and passing out with it - DH was beside himself trying to hold me naked on the lav with sweat pouring off me. blush
DS had been 3/5 engaged before I got it. Needless to say he was not engaged at all once I stopped heaving and recovered. My throat bled and everything.

I called the NHS phoneline thing as you weren't allowed to go to Docs/hosp with it and a lovely Doc rang me back within 10 minutes and told me to take 2 paracetamol with just enough water to get them down, then try to go to sleep immediately.

This stopped the pain and being asleep obv. stopped me being sick. Paracetamol are gentle on tummy and he said to stop sipping water even though I felt my lips were cracking from dehydration as my tummy needed to rest for 4 hours straight before I tried water again. No harm came to the baby.

I had to continue like this until I was better, slowly introducing water after 4 hours, a couple of sips every hour.

It worked and has worked for every sort of sickness/trots bug since.

Also had food poisoning in middle trimester with DS2 and MW then just told me to not eat drink anything and baby would be fine - I wouldn't be off fluids long enough to harm baby.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now