Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

loss of pregnancy symptons

(7 Posts)
baptista Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:44

Hi everyone, iv just joined as im going totally crazy an need to talk. im 9 weeks an 2 days pregnant, bt the last few days my pregnancy symptons seem to have gone. Had nausea, sore breasts, tiredness an very emotional from six weeks, bt now only got sore breasts an little tired!? im going totally out of my mind coz in april i had a mmc an found out at 12 week scan that heartbeat had stopped at 8 weeks, then had to go on to have 3 d an c's as they kept leaving product inside me! I had a scan last week at 8 weeks 2 days an babys heartbeat was really strong an everythin was how it should be. I know its normal 4 me 2 worry, bt im even worse this week as i feel like my symptons are going. Any advise would be really greatful, thank you.

bethylou Tue 20-Oct-09 20:49:16

You poor thing. I can only say that my two pregnancies have been very different. The first time, I stopped feeling sick and only felt tired from 9 weeks (so hopefully reassuring to you). Didn't have sore breasts at all, in fact it was better than pre-pregnancy. This time has taken longer, but then I'm chasing a toddler so it's not surprising.
I can't imagine what you must be going through but just wanted to reassure you that it sounds like it could be perfectly normal. I hope more people will be along soon with more reassurance. Good luck.

baptista Tue 20-Oct-09 21:05:54

thanks 4 reply, it def helps to hear this . i also have a little at 16 months, bt my boyfriend wnt let me do anything, not even lift her! not that im complaining though!! im getting scanned again at next thurs at 10 weeks, bt that seems along way away. thanks again 4 reply.

bethylou Tue 20-Oct-09 21:34:54

In some ways, being forced to rest must be great but must also give you lots of time to think when you might want to keep busy to stop you worrying. I hope the scan goes well and gives you lots of reassurance.

GuernseyFrench Wed 21-Oct-09 10:57:28

Sorry to hear your story but if it can give your mind a rest, my MS went at 8 weeks at the same time my boobs were less sore.
I am now 23 weeks.

Prinpo Wed 21-Oct-09 13:00:40

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about how worried you are. I had a mc earlier in the year. I had a sense that something was not right following a loss of symptoms at about 7 or 8 weeks. In contrast, with this pregnancy (currently 8+4) I haven't had many symptoms at all and was convinced I'd had a mmc but a scan revealed all was well. I think what I'm trying to say is that you can spend all the time in the world worrying that your symptoms have gone and then trying to reassure yourself that it's all in your head but ultimately only a scan will tell you what's what. You sound as though you had a really rough time with your mmc so I think it's completely reasonable for you to ask for a bit of reassurance and get another scan before your dating scan just so that you can find out what's what and, hopefully, see for yourself that all is well.

If you were scanned last week then perhaps you could 'phone the EPAU directly and just see if they can fit you in. I really hope they do and that your mind is put to rest.

Let us know how you get on.

baptista Wed 21-Oct-09 19:21:07

Hi prinpo, thanks 4 advice an your right a scan is the only thing that will put my mind at rest! I did fone the early preg unit an they said it was normal 4 symptons to come an go an that because i have a 10 week scan nxt thurs an in no pain an no bleeding they wont scan me till then. I still have afew symptons like being off my food an not being able to drink t an coffee, so im trying to be positive, but on the other hand i dnt want to let myself believe everything is ok an get hurt again . Will let you know how scan goes nxt week, fingers an toes crossed ey!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now