Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you need to contact GP or MW if you believe you have a stomach bug in 3rd trimester?

(4 Posts)
CantThinkofFunnyName Tue 20-Oct-09 16:54:23

Pretty sure I have a stomach bug - horrid vomitting since early morning, feel generally rotten, want to sleep etc. If I wasn't 28 wks pg, would absolutely put it down to stomach bug/virus. BUT - do I need to contact GP or midwife to let them know in case it could be anything else? Not quite sure what else it would be but upon googling most advice seems to be "contact your mw" etc.... Absolutely don't want to contact people if i don't need to - and if advice here is that I should, presumably it would be wise to see if still the same tomorrow and if so, then call someone?

What do you think? See how it goes?

SqueezyCheesyPumpkin Tue 20-Oct-09 22:36:52

Bump.

NestaFiesta Wed 21-Oct-09 10:05:54

Won't hurt to ring your midwife just for reassurance. Its happened to me twice in 2nd and 3rd trimesters and both times I was told baby was fine, but they don't mind you ringing!

Its always worth remembering that in very late pregnancy a stomach upset can either trigger or indicate the start of labour. I know two mothers who had a stomach upset the day before they gave birth. Both babies are healthy and thriving. Get well soon xx

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 21-Oct-09 13:59:46

Lovely night sleep and no more stomach bug - so I'm guessing that's just what it was! Thanks for your comments though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now