Talk

Advanced search

WHICH DOUBLE BUGGY?

(8 Posts)
spangles Mon 13-Jun-05 13:45:10

I have already asked you lovely mumsnetters for advice on double buggys and tandems and have decided to go for a double buggy. I would be really greatfull for any recomendations on which double side by side buggy to go for... in particular a narrow one that will fit through the front door. Hope you can help

vickiyumyum Mon 13-Jun-05 13:46:58

i hear the mamas and papas aria is a good one. but have never used it, i'm sure that soemone will be along soon to answer your question!

fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 13:47:03

maclaren ???

fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 13:48:32

lots here

kazoo Mon 13-Jun-05 14:04:04

I bought the Maclaren Twin Traveller for my two. It is quite narrow and fits through doors and folds down well. Is suitable from birth and my dd(now 20 wks) is very comfortable in it. Has 5 reclining positions which is handy when they want to see what is going on but can;t support own head. However is very heavy when you need to keep getting it in and out of the car. The seats are quite narrow so no good for a chubby toddler. I was worried that being side by side ds(18 months) would keep poking dd but the sides and hood prevent this from happening. I bought it online from kiddicare and saved loads compared to Mothercare where we road tested it. Would definately recommend testing before you buy and measuring doorways of your house and boot of car. Am pleased with the choice and very glad I didn't get a tandem. Hope this helps.

alison222 Mon 13-Jun-05 14:07:59

I Have an in step double nipper. It goes through most shop doors and my front door, but you need to check your own front door for size.
It folds in half flat but is still fairly large when folded.
The wheels just click off if you need to for fitting in your car.
Its light! 9kg and easy to push. It does have "bike tyres" though so yio can get punctures.

Kelly1978 Mon 13-Jun-05 14:17:54

The we2 is really narrow - I have one of those for the dts and it even gets thru our tiny front door. It is very lightweight and easy to push, although I do find it a little low (I am nearly 6ft) It is easy to fold down, and is compact.

I've also had the graco duosport with ds1 and dd, which was also light and easy to push, but the grey fabric got dirty quickly, and the seatbelts frayed and one of the straps that held the seat in position broke.

handlemecarefully Mon 13-Jun-05 14:18:53

A double buggy rather than an E3 kiwi explorer - you'll live to regret it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now