Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you just ask for a sick note?

(5 Posts)
mummytopebs Tue 20-Oct-09 12:58:22

I am 26 weeks and feeling like shit really, i have odema in my legs and they are very painful, i am also absolutly shattered. Work is very stressful at the moment and i just feel like i cant cope with it. Can you just ask for a sick note? And if you do what is the likliehood of getting one?

GuernseyFrench Tue 20-Oct-09 13:45:46

I will go to my GP and tell him/her how I feel and ask for one.
If you don't ask you won't know.

mistletoekisses Tue 20-Oct-09 13:46:08

Hi - go and see your GP and am sure they will be ok to sign you off for a week to begin with.

When are you planning to start your mat leave? Off the top of my head, it can start from 29 weeks....

NestaFiesta Thu 22-Oct-09 13:59:51

The lovely doc at Occupational health sent me home at 28 weeks for SPD and fatigue. He told me to go home and that he would deal with my boss. This was only about 11 working days before my mat leave but I was so happy! Its a worth a shot if you're struggling.

My boss was so sick of me taking the odd day here and there during pregnancy she thought occupational health would prove her right and tell me to stop taking days off. It kind of backfired!

hw7342 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:50:01

Yes, this is what i have just done and now have been signed off for 1 week and then another week. I wasn't sleeping at all because of hip pain and tinnitus and then edema came on. I just started by explaining how i felt and then afterwards said i don't feel well enough to work. I am lucky my boss is really understanding and we have agreed to start my mat leave early after my sick note finishes @ 33 weeks instead of the planned 35.5 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now