Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks and baby still not settled in a position - anyone else had this?

(9 Posts)
ButtercupWafflehead Tue 20-Oct-09 11:13:10

Hi everyone, I'm 37 weeks now and the baby has been transverse, head down, breech in the last week, and in my opinion is still shifting positions.

I'm not seeing the MW again until next week, so my question is - what will happen if I go into labour? Is the position important at this stage, or not really?

I definitely haven't had the waddle walk yet, so assume the baby has been nowhere near my pelvis yet hmm

Any experiences would be welcome, I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not!

Thanks.

mosschops30 Tue 20-Oct-09 11:15:30

am 37 weeks too and have no idea where baby is, although feels last couple of days like he's grinding down into my pelvis hmm
Still moving loads and its very painful at times.
Could you ask for a scan if MW is unsure of position, I imagine its pretty important that they know how its lying at this stage as is more unlikely to move round and you would probably be offered a CS for transverse or breech baby

HTH smile and good luck, Im feeling your pain wink

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 20-Oct-09 11:17:22

Hi Mosschops, thanks for your response. Had a scan last week and the baby was head down then, but I'm sure it's all changed again since then. Perhaps I'll give her a call and ask to be seen again this week... I'm just not sure whether I'm being neurotic or not.

mosschops30 Tue 20-Oct-09 11:18:44

yes good idea, just go back and ask to be examined again, to put your mind at rest.

BlackLetterDay Tue 20-Oct-09 11:25:16

I'm 37+3 and my baby is transverse atm. I'm having an elcs on monday and they wanted to admit me from 37 weeks for unstable lie, which I declined. I would get it checked out, they have told me to get to hospital quick at any sniff of contractions or labour and to call 999 straight away if waters break due to cord prolapse risk.

BlackLetterDay Tue 20-Oct-09 11:26:32

Oops forgot to mention that I also have polyhydramnios which I'm sure increases the risk so not to worry you.

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 20-Oct-09 11:28:57

BLD good luck for Monday!

mosschops30 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:23:34

hows things buttercup, did you get a 2nd opinion?

I saw a different MW yesterday who said baby is deffo head down, but back to back atm. She also said it feels like a long baby rather than a chunky baby hmm and that she thinks no more that 8.5lbs <wince>

Hope you get some good news soon

Danielle91011 Wed 21-Oct-09 18:17:54

My baby too has been classed as unstable lie...one minute baby is transverse, then oblique then head down. To go with the position of my baby i also have a low lying pacenta so will almost def be having a CS (which is absolutely what i want right now to reduce any risks).

I find it very uncomfortable and almost feel bad that my baby can't seem to get comfey - especially when i go to bed and feel like i'm lying on his head or legs etc. My baby doesn't stop stretching and moving for a minute of every day all the time i'm out of bed and although the midwives say thats a sign of a happy baby i can't help thinking it's actually because he's really uncomfortabe???

buttercup - chances are, you may end up with a CS but will not know until you go into labour, as where your baby is moving all the time they will just have to check his position at that time!! I hope that doesn't scare you if you really don't want a CS but there is no way we can give birth to a babies back if he is transverse!! hmmI'm sure tings will be fine and try not to worry about being 'neurotic' ( as you're not at all), just make sure you go straight to the hospital when you go into labour or if waters break and make sure they are aware you're baby may be tansverse when you call to let them know you're on you're way so they don't tell you to wait until your contractions get stronger!! (that's the advice i have been given so i hope that helps) Good luck to all!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now