Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit yuck .... nipple discharge

(7 Posts)
bananapeanutbutter Mon 19-Oct-09 18:46:57

This is a bit bit of a yuck question but ... I've had some yellow/green hard stuff on my nipples (probably dried discharge?) for the past few weeks (in early stage of 2nd tri). Has anyone else had this and is it anything to be worried about???

sambo2 Mon 19-Oct-09 19:27:12

NOpe nothing to be worried about (i think!)...it is probably your boobs getting ready for milk production. Might be worth investing in some breast pads - if you don't use them now, you will once the baby comes! grin

MrsHappy Mon 19-Oct-09 19:56:42

Nothing to worry about. It's colostrum.

bananapeanutbutter Mon 19-Oct-09 20:53:32

Thanks sambo and mrsH. Wish my pregnancy book had covered it!

first1 Tue 20-Oct-09 09:59:16

So glad someone asked this! I've had the same. Yellow hard flakes (yuck!) on my nipples too. Glad I'm not going nuts!

hampdenpark27 Thu 22-Oct-09 16:38:44

I'm glad you asked this as it has also been bugging me. I'm only 11 weeks and already my nipples are discharging a cloudy liquid. what a relief to know that its not anything to worry about. and that other mums to be have it too.

RainbowJelly Thu 22-Oct-09 16:41:32

I remember on my 1st pregnancy it was quite green! Nothing to be concerned about.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now