Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood pressure seemed really high at booking in appointment :-S

(4 Posts)
mmmmmchocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 15:14:25

Hey all, I've just had my first appointment with the midwife and my BP was 145/85. She didnt appear to be too bothered but it seems really high to me? When I was pregnant with DD1 (Shes2.3) it was normally about 120/80. I did have high BP in the last trimester last time. Im overweight and about a stone and half heavier than last time. Has anyone had any experience of this? Its got me really worried straight away sad Thank you

nigglewiggle Mon 19-Oct-09 15:21:41

Yes. Mine was very high at first appointment with DD2. Like you I was a bit heavier than with DD1, but I had also rushed to the appointment, DD1 woke up and screamed as we arrived and it was a different MW to the one I expected and she spoke so fast I found it hard to understand her! I think all this had something to do with it, and it was fine after that.

I don't remember any big fuss about it except that they kept reminding me that if it crept up again I might be advised against a home birth.

mmmmmchocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 15:29:00

Thanks niggle smile i was a bit stressed. Im throwing up 4 times a day and starving and thirsty like you wouldnt believe! Also DD started getting whingy and milling round me. Plus the thing squeezing my arm always stresses me out ouch! It just made me feel bad that it was that high and prob my fault. I hate pregnancy and am terrified of the birth this time.

bubblesincambridge Mon 19-Oct-09 16:54:07

You were probably stressed out, so wouldn't worry about it if it was a one off reading. You can't get pre-eclampsia before about 24 weeks anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now