Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby a bit a above average on my 30 wk growth scan... I feel fit to burst now, how can I grow anymore? feel so miserable

(11 Posts)
stellamel Mon 19-Oct-09 15:12:14

I am huge, and sooooo uncomfortable, actually feel like my sides will split soon. I cannot imagine another 10 weeks of this, I feel pretty teary and depressed to be honest. I didn't feel like this with my DD, but she was only 6lbs 6oz so not a big un.

Keep reading that this last 10 weeks is when everything grows even more, I just can't bear the thought of it. My body actually hurts sad. I can hardly catch my breath. I haven't got big all over - a little more weight than normal, just with a ludicrously large bump.

Sorry for woe-is-me tone of post, but I am feel like my skin will split soon, which is gross but exactly what it feels like!

mistletoekisses Mon 19-Oct-09 18:19:24

sympathies.

I am 27 weeks today and measure the same as I did with DS at 37 weeks who was born weighing 5lbs 1oz. I expect the next 3 months to be far more uncomfortable than my first pregnancy and dont know what to say.

I have found that smaller more regular snacks help me feel better. Am also avoiding difficult to digest foods so as to ease any potential additional discomfort from gas. Sorry if TMI.

I think we just need to stay positive. Remember that this is only for a short amount of time (relatively speaking)..and it will pass.

muddle78 Mon 19-Oct-09 19:50:19

im 31 weeks and truely uncomfortable too. i am massive and cant imagine getting bigger. acid reflux is awful and i sleep in shifts of 2 hours tops so am also exhausted. just to let you know you r not alone.. i was about to start this thread myself ]wink]

roary Mon 19-Oct-09 20:49:39

Ahh, late pregnancy, how fun! If it's any consolation late dating scans are notoriously unreliable and they can tell very little about size from them. My dd measured 8 pounds 3 at 36 weeks (!!) and was born at 7 pounds 10 6 weeks later. THey are doing a huge study at the moment on intrauterine growth for precisely this reason. So don't trust the size they've given you...though it may not make you feel any less enormous and grumpy!

whensmydayoff Tue 20-Oct-09 08:28:59

Another bloater here! Im 29 weeks and have that same, skins gonna split, feeling.
I find rubbing bio oil over the bump and keeping it moist helps, probably phycological but it does make me feel less tight at the sides of the bump.
I was such a fat fecker with my DS. At only 5'2, I put on 3.5 stone blush. I looked like an oompa lumpa!
This time, yes, im piling it on again but not quite as bad but the bump is most definitely bigger. I can't imagine how the hell another 11 weeks of growth is going on top of what is already there.
stellamel I have decided that in order to survive next 11 weeks I will HAVE to think very carefully about what im eating and how much. That way we can avoid bursting and keep the healthy growth to a minimum.
I don't know about you but I will struggle. Im so into sweet things when Im PG and love my food just now.

Ninjacat Tue 20-Oct-09 08:53:31

I'm with you here to. I had a scan yesterday at 35 weeks. Baby's measurements came back as "Term Plus" and was told he is nowhere near ready for birth as still free floating.
It's made me quite apprehensive about the birth and just knowing I am carrying a full term sized baby already is enough to send me into a tiz about the next five to seven weeks (ds 2wks over).

Hope all goes well for you

MiniMilk0610 Tue 20-Oct-09 09:18:03

Me too! I'm only 30 weeks at mo & already gained 2.5 stone, which is about what I gained for whole of pregnancy with DD & she was 8lbs 1oz, plus started this one 1.5 stone heavier blush

I feel absolutely huge & have had loads of people commenting last few days saying that it must be nearly time for baby to come out then not believing me when I say another 10 weeks hmm saying I look bigger than that...hope I've never been that tactless!! shock

I've got really bad heartburn, get breathless easily & am too uncomfortable to sleep for long stretches too, not good being this exhausted when I've got a toddler to look after

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to have a moan/sympathise, sure we'll all manage the next however many weeks...just!! grin

stellamel Tue 20-Oct-09 11:23:47

Ah thanks everyone, I feel better knowing am not alone in this! I am raging with the sweet tooth too, and the next person that says "Blimey you're massive" is going to get a black eye wink. However I am not eating as much, I rarely have a proper meal in the evening, by that time of the day I feel my most uncomfortable.

Thanks roary - that info gives me some comfort.

I am moisturising bump like crazy too, in the hope i don't go pop!

mosschops30 Tue 20-Oct-09 11:31:49

stellamel I have been mahoosive all the way through this pregnancy. Constant comments from people about me being big 'ooh wont be long now' (fuck off its another 3 months yet) grin

However am now 37 weeks and in the last 3 or 4 weeks I have only put on 1lb, despite putting on almost 3 stone up to that point, it now seems to be tailing off (was 8 stone prior to pregnancy).

HTH smile

stellamel Tue 20-Oct-09 12:06:18

Oh good mosschops! 1lb in 3 or 4 weeks is v. reassuring [relief type emoction]

Snooch Tue 20-Oct-09 12:09:17

Ooooh I really feel your pain - not pregnant but gave birth to DS2 6 and a half months ago and those last 10 weeks (if not more) were utterly miserable - hated every minute of it. All ones pregnancy woes are so much worse second time round - I was positively huge and was housebound the last 3 weeks as I was reduced to a mere hobble - DS wasn't huuuuge but bigger than average - 81b 3oz - and everyone thought I was having a whopper (turned out it was a lot of water). I also went 4 days overdue which felt like an eternity.....there's no ways I'm having another - can't take another pregnancy like that!!

Wishing you strength - you WILL get there and it won't go on forever!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now