Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do I need for a newborn baby girl?

(7 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Sun 18-Oct-09 19:11:33

I had my DS 18 months ago but I can't seem to remember anything blush! Plus I've worn to death got rid of most things.

So please can you tell me from the basics, what do I need for the first few weeks?

From hospital bag to feeding/bathtime/clothing/sleeping etc.

Help!!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Sun 18-Oct-09 19:12:47

Oh and I'm due 24th Feb so it will be chilly but if I go over and she's born in March, it'll be warming up won't it?

AnyFuleKno Sun 18-Oct-09 19:16:34

Depends how often you wash but about 6-8 sleepsuits and 6-8 vests should be enough, unless you want to use outfits straight away (I wouldn't but each to their own).

Muslins - you can't have too many.

Grobags if you want but I prefer cellular blankets, easy to layer if required, easy to chuck in wash.

Lansinoh if you're bfing.

DuchessOfAvon Sun 18-Oct-09 19:19:13

Yeah but its all about layering for newbies anyway so you can layer up or down as appropriate.

Just a boat load of vests and sleepsuits. With the second you don't have time to dress them up in cute outfits - DD2 wore sleepsuits all the time until about 6 months old. Bung a cardigan and a blanket over the top with a ha for going out.

DOn't forget to buy newbies sized nappies - I was busy congratualting myslef that I had everything from DD1 when I twigged that the littlies would not fit in a toddler pull-up.

Anything else that is required - despatch an adult who is gettting sleep to go get it!

DuchessOfAvon Sun 18-Oct-09 19:19:58

hat, obviously.

rubyslippers Sun 18-Oct-09 19:20:53

cotton wool for the nappy changes, topping and tailing etc

loads of babygros and vests

breast pads and another vote for lansinoh

swaddling blanket

AnyFuleKno Sun 18-Oct-09 19:22:19

Hospital bag - an outfit for coming home that will fit you and be comfortable. Three or four cheapo nighties (primark?). Warm socks. Spare hairband. Plenty of cheap mummy knickers. Pack of maternity pads. New baby nappies and wipes. Coming home outfit for baby (I put dd's in a plastic bag within my hospital bag so if dh dressed her, he couldn't fail to find what he needed). Vaseline for your lips (if you have gas and air you will get v dry lips). I took drinking straws and a CD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now