Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please someone tell me Im being paranoid

(5 Posts)
memorylapse Sun 18-Oct-09 18:43:39

my paranoidometer has gone into overdrive...Im 11+5 and its been a difficult pregnancy to say the least..Ive got a sub chorionic haemotoma and my last two pregs ended in late miscarriage naturally Im a little anxious (putting it mildly)...Ive had horrific sickness so DH has been doing the cooking although Im not really eating..he brought me a plate of potatoes with some pre packed salad on top of the potatoes..and I noticed that the salad was completely purple!..asked DH to check the use by date and it was 4 days past!..pushed it to one side and just nibbled the potatoes..then panicked that the salad had contaminated my potatoes with listeria..DH doesnt see what the problem is as he washed it ..but Ive been googling and it says that food past its use by date is prime location for listeria..so am beside myself now with worry....someone talk some sense into me please?

stinkypinky Sun 18-Oct-09 18:50:41

Nothing you can do about it now, and worrying will just make you more likely to feel sick. At 11+5 you have a pretty determined little baba in there. I think you will be ok, but if you do feel ill, call triage.

stinkypinky Sun 18-Oct-09 18:51:53

And give dh a smack from me - he needs to be extra careful when feeding you both.

TotalChaos Sun 18-Oct-09 18:52:39

yes, you're being paranoid, thoughts about contamination aren't good for you, it's only natural that your mind is going into overdrive after you've had such a sad time with pg, but you don't want to make yourself miserable. do you have a sympathetic GP/MW you can talk about food in PG issues with, that might help you get calmer about it all.

memorylapse Sun 18-Oct-09 19:02:27

thanks both..think I will ring my MW tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now