Talk

Advanced search

Positions to sit in to help back pain.

(7 Posts)
LissyGlitter Sun 18-Oct-09 11:44:56

ARGH! Today i keep getting pains in my back, as if I have tried to lift something too heavy, kind of crampy and stabby at the same time. Don't think they are contractions, and they seem different to the normal pain I get (I have a trapped nerve in my leg which causes pain practically everywhere). For some reason it feels like if I found a good position to sit/stretch in, it would be better. The pain is kind of along my lower spine. I have some codeine prescribed to me, but the doctor told me only to use it as a last resort. Any suggestions? The pains are getting more severe each time, and I'm not doing anything to provoke them.

choufleur Sun 18-Oct-09 11:48:18

I spent a lots of time towards the end of my pregnancy on my knees kneeling over a birthing/exercise ball

LissyGlitter Sun 18-Oct-09 13:37:55

Meh. I feel like I am having a bad period. I just had to turn down sunday lunch at my MILs, which is usually the highlight of my week. DD and DP have gone without me.

Keep thinking it could be the very start of labour, in which case I wish it would hurry up and get going, or if it isn't, it should stop!

Ah, the joys of late pregnancy!

grin Sun 18-Oct-09 13:40:33

How many weeks are you?

Have you tried yoga poses - I find cat pose really nice on aching back.

GuernseyFrench Sun 18-Oct-09 13:41:07

Try to have a warm bath, it always help me with my back aches.

Good luck

LissyGlitter Sun 18-Oct-09 13:51:14

I'm 35 weeks today. DD came at 36 weeks, and the midwife is pretty convinced this one will be early as well.

I think I will try a bath actually, I wasn't going to, since DP is out and I get scared of getting stuck in there if I do go into labour, but he is only round the corner at his mums.

Is cat pose where you go on all fours and arch your back? I think I will do that as well.

I think I may have done something to my back last night now I come to think of it. DD fell out of bed, and I ran into her room and scooped her up in my arms without thinking, and so didn't do the whole bending at the knees thing, and she is a big heavy toddler who was a dead weight because she was too busy crying to help me lift her. Damn maternal instinct!

GuernseyFrench Sun 18-Oct-09 13:58:41

Take your mobile phone or house phone with you in the bathroom, like this you can call your DP if you get stuck or in labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now