Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8+3 and slight brownish discharge

(9 Posts)
babymeg Sun 18-Oct-09 10:55:24

Hi can anyone help me? I'm 8+3 and for the past few days I've been getting a slightly brownish colour of disharge when I wipe first thing in the morning (sorry if tmi) it isn't alot but I'm quite worried about it. Does anyone know what it means?

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Sun 18-Oct-09 10:58:15

Browns good - usually means old blood. So could be left over from last period. Fresh red/pink is more of a worry ime.

How are you feeling?

stinkypinky Sun 18-Oct-09 11:02:12

I had this at 5 weeks, 7 weeks then a bleed at 9 weeks (now 13 weeks). It may well be nothing to worry about, but my advice would be to get in touch with early pregnancy unit at hospital - they can scan at your gestation, and you will hopefully see a very happy little baby swimming around. If there is a problem, at least you will know.

Good luck, and let us know how things go.

babymeg Sun 18-Oct-09 18:28:42

I feel ok no pain, well i say no pain but just the usual niggly pains iykwim. It seems to be first thing in the morning the past 3 days but when i visis bathroom 2nd time nothing! I know its strange but cant help thinking it might lead to bad news, going to take the day off work tomorrow and speak to my midwife, thanks x

BiscuitStuffer Mon 19-Oct-09 09:07:24

Please let me know me know how you get on as i have the same thing!

ihavenewsockson Mon 19-Oct-09 09:49:49

It's probably implantation bleeding that didn't come away earlier.
I had the same thing and went in for an early scan. All was fine.
Brown is good. Try not to worry.

Sarahlou8 Mon 19-Oct-09 19:25:22

Me too!

At 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 9 weeks. Had my booking in appointment with the midwife and she send me for an early scan (9 wks 4 days) and baby is absolutely fine.
They said it was probably just residual tissue and not to worry, try and rest.
I'm now 11 + 1, no more problems since.

Best of luck xxx

babymeg Mon 19-Oct-09 20:03:52

Hi, well apparently all is good, saw my midwife today and explained what my concern was and she told me not to stress about it at all, its just something that happens to some pregnant women in the first trimester. She says as long as its not blood red with severe back pain or clots its fine, pink or brown is not bad. She asked if I still felt pregnant which i do (been throwing up all bloody day!) so I'm panicking for nothing but had to ask because was getting a bit stressed out. I hope this helps you too biscuit and sarahlou x

jojochanel Mon 19-Oct-09 20:14:04

I had this too at around 7-8 weeks and freaked me out - went to EPU for scan and all good - I'm 17 weeks now. I was also told implantation loss. It sort of carried on for about 10 days really light and off and on. Never had it with first two bubs so was really scared. No pain with it which was a good sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now