Talk

Advanced search

Fondue at 30 weeks - yes or no?

(5 Posts)
stellamel Sat 17-Oct-09 17:58:51

Hi, going to some friends tonite and they're doing a cheese fondue (white wine and cheese etc). Would it be okay to have it? or is it a no no cos of the wine?

I LOVE fondue, but don't want to be irresponsible either!

ta in advance smile

TeamEdward Sat 17-Oct-09 18:02:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prettybird Sat 17-Oct-09 18:02:18

Depends on your attitude to wine. Most of the alcohol will have been burnt off anyway - so there would onlt be a small amount left.

Personally, at 30 weeks, I was drinking small amounts of wine (had agreed with the docotr that I would reduce the quantity and up the quality). I only totally cut out alcohol weeks 6-10, which was when I understood the foetus to be particualrly vulnerable.

stellamel Sat 17-Oct-09 19:17:38

No, not been out week in week out on the gingrin. Was just being cautious I guess!

Right I'm off for a fondue!

fififolle Sun 18-Oct-09 09:09:42

I hope you enjoyed it. I had a fondue last night - lots of cooked cheese with a tiny bit of kirsch cooked in a pumkin, it was delicious. I'm 13 weeks, we were at some friends who we were waiting to tell the happy news in person. I felt gulity that the huge slab of stilton, brie, pate and smoked salmon when unopened and figured that the fondue was the best option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now