Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 20+ wks with bad spots on back/chest that you didn't have b4 you were pg?

(8 Posts)
blondieminx Fri 16-Oct-09 18:21:37

I'm feeling most unminxy at the moment - have horrid itchy raised red spots over my back and chest (thankfully no where else though).

GP gave me Zineryt lotion which I've been using morning and night for 2 weeks with no improvement and having this is really not making me feel very "bloomy" at all sad

I had good skin before - has anyone else had this, and if so did you get any treatment which actually worked???

secretweapon Fri 16-Oct-09 19:37:43

Hi - just wanted to give you some moral support. I'm 15+5 and have had horrible spots on my chin since I got pg. Before that skin was pretty good, only the occasional spot. I've been getting monthly facials and switched from my regular cream facewash to an exfoliating one which seems to be helping - maybe you could try a gentle body scrub? Origins and Bliss each do a good one, but I'm sure there are plenty out there. Good luck!

GuernseyFrench Fri 16-Oct-09 20:58:11

Yep, especially in my back but mine are the acne kind. I've got the feeling to be 14 again hmm
I found that using an exfoliating long handle brush does help.
I'm 22 weeks.

pollydianasmummy Fri 16-Oct-09 21:01:16

I had horrile big painful spots on my left cheek. They went at about 27 weeks and have not returned.

wafflesmum Fri 16-Oct-09 21:02:30

Yup. 14 weeks and broken out in terrible 'backne'.

angfirsttimer Sat 17-Oct-09 14:49:56

I am 21 weeks and I look as though I am about 14 years old again too, really spotty chin, so much for the pregnancy 'glow' more like pregnancy grease! I am also having regular facials and have spent a fortune on products, and its keeping it at a manageable level but not getting rid of it.

Comma2 Sat 17-Oct-09 15:05:54

Someone on an american pregnancy forum told me to use Purell Aloe Vera- the hand disinfectant. It worked great for me, don't know if you can get it in the UK? It's cheap, so wirth a try. grin

blondieminx Tue 20-Oct-09 10:23:34

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this, was starting to feel really "ugh" about it! So, has anyone been prescribed anything for the sports which has actually worked though please???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now