Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did your morning sickness disappear?

(11 Posts)
first1 Fri 16-Oct-09 14:39:23

Just wondering about other ladies experiences because this is my first pregnancy. I'm 9+4 weeks. Nausea kicked in around 6 weeks and was quite nasty most days for a couple of weeks. Though I was only physically sick 3times. But the past week or so it's been easing off although I threw up again first thing this morning. All the books say it's up until 12weeks ish. Had a scan at 6+4 and heartbeat was found, should I be concerned its slowing down?

bamboobutton Fri 16-Oct-09 14:41:41

mine didn't go until i was about 6 months.

my mum had it all the way through all 4 of her pregnancies.

i wouldn't believe everything the books say as every pregnancy is different.

ShinyAndNew Fri 16-Oct-09 14:42:57

With dd1 I had no morning sickness untill the last trimester then I was sick all of the time.

With dd2 I was sick throughout the pregnancy but not as often as with dd1 and generally was just on a morning as opposed to at given moment.

Every one experiences it differently. I wouldn't be worried but mention it at your next check up if you are concerned it will put you mind at rest.

alana39 Fri 16-Oct-09 14:44:28

Mine came and went with 1st 2 pgs, this time it didn't start until 8 weeks and was hideous for 2 weeks, then hardly anything for a couple of weeks, then back to just everyday nausea until about 24 weeks. So as bamboobutton says every pg different and if you can, try not to get too hung up on symptoms and enjoy any days you don't feel sick!

Tiaxx31 Fri 16-Oct-09 14:46:31

Hiya, i am 33 weeks today and i had a break for a few weeks of morning sickness but i was getting it day and night, had a break from being sick in around the 6 months stage. But it started again, i was sick all the way through, day and night for my son 14 years ago
It is awful so there are plenty of us on this journey with you, i also have numb fingers and my wrists are so sore. The midwife and physio say i have carpel tunnel syndrome which is very cruel, good luck x

Singstar Fri 16-Oct-09 14:46:34

With ds1 up until about 6 months, with ds2 every day until 36wks (he was born at 38wks). I found ginger really helped, apparently its recognised as an effective remedy for morning sickness.

first1 Fri 16-Oct-09 17:02:56

Thanks everyone. I guess no day is the same just like no pregnancy is! Been feeling nauseous most of the afternoon again so guess I'll just get use to it coming and going

mcflumpy Fri 16-Oct-09 22:50:54

Mine disappeared around 18 weeks then felt great for rest of pregnancy. Hated every minute of it.

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 16-Oct-09 22:53:09

Mine went just recently, around 14 weeks.

Zil131 Sat 17-Oct-09 07:13:57

With DC1 up to about 13 weeks; with DC2 wasn't as bad, but I think having a toddler distracted me from it - a friend once said to me, the more you can distract yourself the better it is... You will feel crap anyway if you can find something else to do (and the energy!!) it may help.
Hope it goes soon - it's so draining isn't it.

Miia Sat 17-Oct-09 08:28:31

Mine started on week 5-6, and lasted until week 16 or so. Towards the end it was just nausea and occasional vomiting so it certainly didn't go away in a day. Still get car sick now, which is something totally new to me. The great thing about human mind is that once it is over, you forget about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now