Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help...advice needed regarding bleeding....

(23 Posts)
stephie101 Fri 16-Oct-09 08:23:45

Hey guys I need advice, I'm a mum of 2, just found out i'm 3 weeks preggers, however been bleeding lightly over the last 3 days, been to hospital, checking hcg hormones.....i didnt have any of this before with my previous pregnancys.......whats going on?, back at hospital today for further hcg levels....

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 08:27:51

Implantation bleed maybe?

Not sure what else to suggest but I didn't want to let your post go unanswered.

Good luck for hospital for today. I would write down any questions you have as they come to you so then you can ask them while you are there.

I bled, a lot, with DD2 when I was 11 weeks pg with her, she is now 11 weeks old and sleeping quietly.

stephie101 Fri 16-Oct-09 08:34:05

well I have done another test this morning which says that I am still pregnant, so fingers crossed...I have never heard of implantation bleeding, I had an internal scan which showed an area 1cm across but they couldn't be sure what it was, they don't like to say too much....I suppose time will tell..thanks so much for your reply.x

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 08:45:42

I had never heard of implantation bleeding before I found MN some info here

I hope all goes well for you today, do come back and let us know how you get on.

stephie101 Fri 16-Oct-09 08:51:05

Thanks muchly, have read that info.....fingers crossed..x

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 08:53:29

Good Luck x

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 15:28:19

How are things stephie101, have you been to the hospital yet. Hope you are well.

stephie101 Fri 16-Oct-09 17:28:07

well been to the hospital, original test showed HCG of 395, today now down to 385, so under the impression all is not well, I'm ok though, after 11 years it's nice to know it all still works, but just concerned about the next 24/48 hrs, back for another blood test on Monday am. Thanks for your concern, it's lovely to know theres peeps out there for support.xx

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 22:14:09

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for Monday for you stephie. I know it's hard but try to relax this weekend. Come back if you need to chat. I find MN is a great place to get advice and chat while your having a rough time.

stephie101 Sat 17-Oct-09 09:06:35

Thanks again, although I'm sure I should be in more pain!!!!

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 19-Oct-09 09:32:46

Good luck for this morning, I am thinking of you and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 19-Oct-09 09:35:27

Fingers crossed here too.

stephie101 Mon 19-Oct-09 12:38:07

Thanks for the crossed fingers but been told I am pregnant with an unknown location, they made it sound like I left the pregnancy in tesco!!!!!!!
So just waiting for my HCG results for today, they have said if it's higher i will need a scan and further tests, if it's lower i just wait, to be honest I would like it to be lower, i'm not feeling very positive about this and don't think that there is any hope....hmm

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 19-Oct-09 15:46:29

I can understand you wanting the HCG count to be lower, I think maybe you are preparing yourself for the worst that can happen.

Will they have the results today or do they take a couple of days? Sorry for the ignorance with this but I never needed to have the HCG counts as I was far enough along for a scan when I was bleeding with DD2, so I am not sure how it all works.

I hope you get the news that you want. Remember that we are here when you need to talk.

stephie101 Mon 19-Oct-09 16:38:45

I dont know how it works either...lol

The count has come back.....and it has doubled,now at just over 600,i'm still pregnant, the bleeding not increased though which is ok, no pain either, just tenderness....I really don't know, sometimes i wonder if the medical profession really know whats going on, they have said I may need an injection to make sure everything passes,which is some form of chemotherapy, but how do i know this isn't the starting process of my 3rd child, i'm so confused.....I'm booked in for another scan on wednesday with another blood test.....ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 19-Oct-09 18:26:39

It all sounds very confusing.

It does sound positive that your HCG count has doubled and that the bleeding hasn't increased and that you have no pain.

I really feel for you going through this.

Do come back and talk to us about how you are feeling.

stephie101 Tue 20-Oct-09 16:20:08

Bleeding stopped now for 24 hrs, just brown smudges, sorry tmi, but feeling ok....

insertwittynicknameHERE Wed 21-Oct-09 12:29:24

That sounds very positive. Glad to hear you are feeling okay. Good luck for the scan and blood test today I will be keeping my fingers crossed again.

insertwittynicknameHERE Wed 21-Oct-09 15:25:37

stephie101, how are things?, any news?.

Hope you are okay.

insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 22-Oct-09 08:29:18

How are you stephie? I hope you are okay.

insertwittynicknameHERE Sat 24-Oct-09 11:05:37

Any news?, hope you are well.

stephie101 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:16:47

hey, was discharged earlier today, unfortunatly It was an ectopic pregnancy, i went in for the scan wednesday but they didnt diagnose until yesterday, they kept me in since wednesday.
Luckily no surgery as yet, have had an injection which bloody hurt!!! Hopefully I will be able to post more info when i get my head straight!!! but I'm doing ok, and am being supported very well...xx

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 26-Oct-09 17:38:15

Awww stephie, I am so sorry to hear you are going through such an awful time.
I have no words of advice for you but do come on here and talk if you need to. It is good to hear that you are being supported well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now