Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ligaments Stretching at 5+2?

(4 Posts)
BarakObamasTransitVan Thu 15-Oct-09 14:07:02

I’m getting realy quite sharp stretchy pains mainly on one side, extending to about half way between my pelvis and my belly button (to the side though, iyswim). I am absolutely sure that these are ligaments stretching rather than anything sinister – having been pregnant before and having had this then. But at 5+2 ?!?!?

I’m fairly certain that my dates are right, btw.

I’m more curious than worried tbh and I don’t feel crampy or anything. Could it have anything to do with ds being born by cs (albeit 9 years ago)?

Poledra Thu 15-Oct-09 14:08:35

I was admitted to hospital at 7+3 with DD1 (first child so no previous section or anything) with what was later decided to be ligament pain.

littlemiss26 Thu 15-Oct-09 14:26:36

my first sign with all my pregnancies was ligament pain when i sneezed or coughed. I have had it with all 4 before i got a positive test, it literally started from conception!!! i've never seen a book mention it as possible, but its right for my body as i have never had it when i'm not pregnant! maybe your like me smile

IckleJess Thu 15-Oct-09 16:10:24

It sounds likely to be things stretching and you do get the pains earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

However, and I'm sure you're already aware of it, if it gets any worse of you get shoulder pain too then please see your gp or go to your EPU as it could be a sign of an eptopic pregnancy and you don't want to mess around with those symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now