Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone seen Dr Lyn Chitty at UCH?

(6 Posts)
sleepwhenidie Wed 14-Oct-09 22:07:48

Just wondered what your experience was like?

emkana Wed 14-Oct-09 23:48:31

Message withdrawn

bubblesincambridge Thu 15-Oct-09 09:22:40

Be careful if you answer this thread - you might get done for defamation.

sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Oct-09 09:46:45

To explain, its just that I felt that she wasn't very sympathetic or patient when I saw her, that she didn't have time for our questions or concerns..BUT it was obvious she was having a bad day - so maybe we were just unlucky.

I am inclined to switch consultants as we are already having a very stressful time without adding in doctors that we feel are unhelpful to the process - but as she is the expert in her field, maybe we should give it another go and just put our experience down to bad timing....from Emkana's post this may well be the case.

Dragonfly73 Thu 15-Oct-09 14:31:07

hi there,

um not sure what the deleted posts said but i saw Professor Chitty when i had to have a CVS done about 4 weeks ago.

I thought she was aptly named. Her bedside manner left loads to be desired. I was terrified (of my baby having downs syndrome and of the foot long needle they were about to shove into my abdomen). She complained that my placenta was in the wrong place to do the procedure and i almost found myself apologising to her for it, lol. She managed to do it in the end anyway.

That said i had the most wonderful midwife with me who held my hand (my H had the other one) and took such good care of me that i didnt mind that Prof Chitty was so brusque.

Not everyone is suitable for a "client facing role" if you know what i mean. I understand she is excellent in a clinical sense but a course in interpersonal relations probably wouldnt go astray!

sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Oct-09 20:35:07

Thanks v much dragonfly, I know what you mean about somehow feeling apologetic! I think you may be right about some medical experts having amazing knowledge but not necessarily a great deal of skill in dealing with (usually justifiably) very anxious people. Glad it wasn't just me, but still leaves me a bit undecided about whether to go back to her or not! I have been left feeling much more stressed than before I saw her because she gave us her opinion, which was basically that there could well be a problem, but not definitely - but she didn't seem to have time to talk different possibilities and implications through with us. Of course I come home and start googling and end up super stressed!

Hope everything was ok for you and the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now