Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby has hiccups all the time !

(7 Posts)
1mum1 Wed 14-Oct-09 21:04:55

My baby seems to have hiccups all the time - she'll have a bought of them about four times a day for last few days. Is there a reason for this? Is anything wrong? Just wondering if anything else could be causing these rhythmic regular little jumps?!

1mum1 Wed 14-Oct-09 21:08:52

I meant bout!

MrsHappy Wed 14-Oct-09 21:10:54

Perfectly normal.
You might find she is hiccupy when she is born too, but it is nothing to worry about.

1mum1 Thu 15-Oct-09 10:40:16

Thanks Mrs.Happy! Feel like rubbing their little back to releive it! Poor little sod

Daisy134 Thu 15-Oct-09 12:34:09

My baby hiccups all the time (I'm at 33 weeks), especially through the night. I'm told it's perfectly normal and I find it quite reassuring, although it could be better timed. x

LunaticFringe Thu 15-Oct-09 20:04:36

Message withdrawn

Danielle91011 Wed 21-Oct-09 18:39:34

My baby hiccups about 4 times a day also - i have been told it's a sign of a very healthy baby who is practising breathing and only the more mature babies hiccup!!!!

Very reassuring as i also found it worrying that it was happening so much but now i love it (at nearly 38wks) as i can tell where the head is and think my baby is just very clever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now