Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How early did you show in your subsequent pregnancies?

(16 Posts)
Tobermory Wed 14-Oct-09 20:07:07

Am 7 weeks pregnant with DC2 and am convinced that work trousers are feeling a shade more snug than they did last week.
Hoiw early did you start to show with pregnancy number 2?

MarkStretch Wed 14-Oct-09 20:08:19

I started putting a hairband on my jeans at about 8 weeks with DC2. Might have been the vast amount of cake I ate also wink

Tobermory Wed 14-Oct-09 20:11:27

Trying v v hard not to go down the cake route, but is very early days...so theres time!!!

ten10 Wed 14-Oct-09 20:11:56

One of my friends guessed at 8 weeks with my current (2nd) pregnancy, so I suppose I must have been pretty obvious quite early.

morethemerrier Wed 14-Oct-09 20:13:55

10 weeks with dc3 and definate bump here! There's a good debate on another thread further down 'impatient for a bump ' ! Congrats on ur bump x

izzybiz Wed 14-Oct-09 20:15:33

About 6 months with Ds1, about 4months with Dd and with Ds2 I remember my trousers getting snug at about 12 weeks!

girlsyearapart Wed 14-Oct-09 20:17:02

hi didn't show till after 5 months with dd1 and was definitely impatient for a bump.

dd2 was showing at 8-10 weeks already and was impatient for it not to show.

You can't win!

Chynah Wed 14-Oct-09 20:57:17

about 6 months with DS. Am currently 14 weeks and no bump yet!

fulhamgirl Wed 14-Oct-09 21:00:53

Heya guys!! Im 7 1/2 weeks with my first and am showing. I have a stretch mark already going down my tummy.
Have a feeling im carrying more than one.

xxxxxxxxxx

girlsyearapart Thu 15-Oct-09 07:20:40

sounds like you might be fulhamgirl!

Are there twins in your family?

With my first the stretchmarks started at 8 1/2 months..

Didn't get any with the second but the first lot are bad enough.

chimchar Thu 15-Oct-09 07:26:18

was in maternity trousers from about 12 weeks with dc1, about 10 weeks with dc2, and about 8 weeks with dc3...was hugely bloated though with dc3...looked pg, but wasn't a "bump, just water retention iykwim?

currently not pg, but look it!!!

pippel Thu 15-Oct-09 08:24:20

Started to look like I was putting on weight at about 8 weeks, I was in maternity trousers from about 16 weeks (managed in my uniform tops until about 21 though but they are quiet baggy) and the parents at work started asking at about 20 but most of them said they had noticed before that but just didn't want to ask in case I was just fat!

I got bad stretch marks with dd1 and with dd2 I only got tiny one, I dont know if that was down to the bio oil I used 3 times a day or the fact I was already stretched!

fulhamgirl Thu 15-Oct-09 08:41:35

morning girlsyearapart- There are twins in my family and my partners as well. His auntie was a twin and my great aunts were twins on my mums side. Also found out on my dad's side there are twins as well so kinda looking that way with how big I am and with the stretch marl already visable !

My first scan is not until the 23rd November so will have to wait until then to find out but is promising.

I thought it could have been water retention but my doctor ruled that out for me she just said I was showing early and a possiblity your carrying multiples!!

xxxxxxxxxx

pigleychez Thu 15-Oct-09 09:33:17

Im currently 9.5 weeks with DC2 and have been in maternity trousers since 6 weeks! Its now very obvious im pregnant. Most friends have guessed.
My holiday snaps of me even at 5 weeks theres a def bump. Had to be very careful which photos I showed around to my friends!

Theres some bump pics on my profile.

Fulham- Twins are only relavant on your mothers side.
We too have been having the "twins" comments due to my size.

pamelat Thu 15-Oct-09 12:55:14

I am 10 weeks pregnant and can not fit in to my normal clothes. This will be DC2 and am in a mixture of maternity and post baby clothes.

I think you could tell from about 6 weeks but work have not guessed yet.

With DD I looked pregnant at about 12 weeks.

i have put half a stone on in 10 weeks, which seems a lot but am trying to not care wink. I have also eaten a lot of cake. It is medicinal (!) as it stops me from feeling sick.

Beauregard Thu 15-Oct-09 12:58:37

With dd1 i was showing at 12 weeks but with dd2 it was 20 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now