Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How soon after cs to get pregnant again?

(5 Posts)
Hope88 Wed 14-Oct-09 17:25:19

Hello, has anybody got pregnant soon after their CS with their first? Is 9 months after cs safe to get pregnant again? Thank you

flybynight Wed 14-Oct-09 17:31:18

I have a friend who was PG again three months after a crash CS. She had a successful VBAC twelve months after her first baby. So I think 9 months should be fine!

whatsthetimemrwolf Wed 14-Oct-09 17:50:56

I got pregnant with DC2 when DC1 was 9 months old after an emergency cs. No problems at all. Quite hard work for the first year with DC1 & 2 but the age gap is fantastic - my 2 are best friends(age 4 & 5 now).

Hope88 Thu 15-Oct-09 09:42:57

Thanks for the answers.

Clovissa Thu 15-Oct-09 10:29:37

Hey Hope, I had our first baby by c-section five weeks ago and we're planning to ttc again as soon as possible, perhaps at 3 months, mainly because of my age.

My mw (apart from saying I'm clearly certifiable) has said it's actually lucky I had a cs because it makes for less strain on your body/pelvic floor, although I will almost def need another c-section. Other than that she said we should go ahead and try if that's what we want. It'll be tiring but not the end of the world.

It's really important to do lots of pelvic floor exercises though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now